Photography Contest Cemetery EXTENDED TILL FRIDAY!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Photography Contest

Objective Theme - Cemetery .. open ended)
You will have until 11:59:59 pm EST July 2nd, 2006 to submit your best photo.

Rules
  • Your photograph must follow the theme in some way.. If you think its vague include an explanation. If turned in early enough, you will be notified of the dq and given another opportunity to enter.
  • The image should be altered in Photoshop very little.
Picture Editing:
  • Adjusting brightness, levels, and contrast, as well as light variations in hue and color are allowed.
  • Adding a border is allowed. However, the border should not cover up very much of the image. This may be up to my discretion, but I will PM you about a violation upon reciept of the image. DO NOT INCLUDE NAMES OR SIGNATURE MARKINGS ON THE BORDER...
  • Adding a new figure into the photo that was not in the original scene is prohibited.
  • Adding new light effects should not be used heavily if at all, and will be up to my personal discretion whether it is allowed or not.
  • Cropping is allowed.
  • Combining two or more pictures into one, unless it creates a panaromic scene of the actual area is prohibited.
  • After recieval of your photo I may request the untouched original to determine if it will be accepted or not. So please have that ready, or send it to me with the slightly altered photo.
  • I request that you use www.imageshack.us and their thumbnail feature.
To clear the whole photoshop thing up a bit..its ok to edit, that is a major part of digital photography.. just DONT turn your image into a chop... excisive editing may result in rejection of the image... but tone variation, color, black and white, sharpness.. etc.. are all things that are normal in the digital photography world, and i therefore have no issue with them beign used as long as it is not turned into a "chop contest".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There is no limit to the size... try to not go too large as it may limit your views by 56k users thus limiting the chance they will vote for you.
Use the "Save for Web" feature in Photoshop to help reduce file size.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please do not post up your picture! I will delete it and you will be disqualified if you do.

How to ENTER your photo

I NEED you guys to start submitting photos in a standard way.. part of the delay is due to me having to rehost images.. starting this contest im ONLY taking them when submitted EXACTLY like this:

XXXXXXXXXXX said:
1. untouched photo

2. Photo alterd with contrast only.
You do NOT HAVE to include the original, OR tell me how it was edited, that is up to you... ALSO be sure to copy the "thumbnail for forums" and NOT the "thumbnail for websites".. thanks :D
1 - PM me with your photo
*note: Please DO NOT include your CC name with your picture or thumbnail.
*note: Please do not wait until the last minute to send in your entry.

Voting will start shortly after the deadline and will end 7 days later.
You are allowed to vote for your own picture if you really think its better than the rest..please try to vote with a nuetral mind.. judging the photos on numerous levels, including things like the overall look of the photo, creativity, appeal to you personally, etc..

PM me with any questions.. give it a try.. go out and shoot something.. another broad open topic shoot come good stuff get some good turnout.. im going to keep these going a lot more often i think... :D

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm in. We've got tons of dead people up here.

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MUAHAHAHA... I like this contest ;)

damn.. now I'll have to wake up REALLY early to get the shot I want :( haha oh well... I'll figure something out

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh noes the sunrise in a cemetary shot! :suprise:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank you oc. no need to reply to my last email. i will now go to get teh pic. i think i have a good one in mind.....

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know you said to use image shack but do i really have to...
I just dont want to open up an account for only one pic..... nawmeen...lol

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
racing_kid_05 said:
i know you said to use image shack but do i really have to...
I just dont want to open up an account for only one pic..... nawmeen...lol
You dont need an account for image shack.. www.imageshack.us

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn... off work early today, oh well.. maybe I can go find a shot...

duFf_M@N

...""peep show""...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'll wait for the next contest. No time to go find a cementary.

good luck eveyone :thumbs up

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn i have more than one that i like :( now how am i to chose the one or can we give you more than one?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sweet, I can walk to the cemetery on my lunch break :lol:

im in for this :thumbs up

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hmmmmmmmmmm i might have to snatch bunny's canon and take a few shots... non tripod, so this is gonna be hard... might have to pick up one of those tiny beanbags to use as a support.

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can use ANYTHING as support really... if its not flat, oh well.. it will add a whole different approach to the pic.

I've used MANY MANY odd things as a tripod. vehicles, tree stumps, old tires, a glass, beer can, etc etc

and NOW, that I have a tripod, I seem to rarely use it, unless totally necessary

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i dunno what happened to my tripod... it's somewhere in my car, but someone stole the attachment where the camera sits on... so i'm fuct... well, i like having a certain degree of horizontal angle adjustment, which is why i love my tripod

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had my pictures for a couple days now.. gotta remeber to sumbit them tonight..

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy crap, I forgot about this, I'll try and shoot one today, hopefully I get it in, in time :P