What happened to your lens John?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sold it because I hated being stuck at one focal length (35mm). I sold my 18-55 with my D40 a few weeks ago to a friend to upgrade to the D80. I made money at the end of the day but now I don't have a lens lol.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Smooth move Ex-lax!

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my 35! It hasn't came off my camera since the day i bought it

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I really liked my 35 but like I said, I absolutely hated being stuck at one focal length. I needed a better walk-around lens since I shoot close quarters indoors and I wanted the mild zoom for when I'm out.

I plan on eventually replacing the 18-55 with an 18-105 and then picking up a 70-300 probably next spring/summer for action stuff.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Like this contest, but why only imageshack?
It's the way all the ones have been run in the past so just keeping it uniform. If you think there is a good enough reason to change, feel free to speak up! =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just wondering as I have never been a fan of imageshack. I use photobucket, which I know isnt always the best either but I also dont let my account get out of hand and get bandwidth drops. Just didnt know if that requirement would keep anyone from entering. A lot of people use other sites and may not want to join imageshack just to enter...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just wondering as I have never been a fan of imageshack. I use photobucket, which I know isnt always the best either but I also dont let my account get out of hand and get bandwidth drops. Just didnt know if that requirement would keep anyone from entering. A lot of people use other sites and may not want to join imageshack just to enter...
You don't have to join imageshack to use it like you do with photobucket. You can if you want to be able to store all your uploads but you can also just use imageshack as a pure host and nothing more.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll try to join this. I have a digital camera, and my 8 mp phone camera so I'll see what I can muster up.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know its prolly kinda dumb but i have a stick on wide angle lense for my cell phone camera, lol if i find it ill try to take a few niffty snaps and if i think something is good enough ill enter the contest.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We're only up to 2 contestants. I think I'll keep registration open for a little while longer. I may close it at 3 if it takes that long to get up to it. Or I may close it at 2. This has been open almost an entire month. I was hoping we'd get more interest.

I know I've been slacking and have been meaning to get an entry in. But with the weather getting below freezing temps, I don't really want to go outside, and especially expose my camera to it for too long.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We're only up to 2 contestants. I think I'll keep registration open for a little while longer. I may close it at 3 if it takes that long to get up to it. Or I may close it at 2. This has been open almost an entire month. I was hoping we'd get more interest.

I know I've been slacking and have been meaning to get an entry in. But with the weather getting below freezing temps, I don't really want to go outside, and especially expose my camera to it for too long.
thats my excuse too lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We're almost coming up on a month. I think I'll close registrations in a few days and start the poll.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We're up to 3 contestants.

I'll close registration on the 22nd. It will have been a full month. Hopefully next time we don't have to wait this long.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why clocks!!??

I have pictures of everything else but that. I was totally going to enter too.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm trying to do themes that can apply to everyone. Not everyone has a beach, not everyone has a dog, not everyone has a supercar they can access, not everyone has palm trees, not everyone has snow (or more than an inch)....you see where I'm going? I want to do themes that are "out of the ordinary" that require a little more creative thinking.

While I do wish for everyone and anyone to be able to enter, I also want to challenge you guys with these contest to come :like: :thumbs up. And preferably, it would be ideal to take a picture for this contest and not submit a photo you took in the past.

And Alex, you can still enter. Registration will stay open until the night of the 22nd.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm trying to do themes that can apply to everyone. Not everyone has a beach, not everyone has a dog, not everyone has a supercar they can access, not everyone has palm trees, not everyone has snow (or more than an inch)....you see where I'm going? I want to do themes that are "out of the ordinary" that require a little more creative thinking.

While I do wish for everyone and anyone to be able to enter, I also want to challenge you guys with these contest to come :like: :thumbs up. And preferably, it would be ideal to take a picture for this contest and not submit a photo you took in the past.

And Alex, you can still enter. Registration will stay open until the night of the 22nd.
I'm just flipping you crap. =)

I definitely have some good ones for cars, city, water...etc.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm just flipping you crap. =)

I definitely have some good ones for cars, city, water...etc.
If you weren't taller than me, I'd beat you up. But you intimidate me.

:lol: NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.