Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Translation:
"I picked up this new car, because it was a race car"
:?:
:lol:
well, when you put it like that, makes sense lol.

7D6R

Not entirely new to me but it's officially mine now. Picked it up from my friend who barely did anything with it, just a toy for him. I raced it, did more work on it and kept it at my place the majority of the time he owned lol. Just got it to be more competitive at a national level since this car is a good bit faster than my black civic I race. I'm signed up to do a Pro Solo with this car in April and hope to take it to Nationals this year in August over in Topeka, Kansas.

Just a quick pic of it with the other race car when I got home.

And yes, the stickers are staying =)

So now I have 3 generation Civics... '91, '95 and '99 lol
Been there done that! Nice comp car! It's the funniest most trilling s**t ever!
You race and know what I'm talking about...Way different from going straight, right?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks everyone! Had my first event of 2012 with this car this past Saturday instructing at a BMW Novice School. Runs great, loving it=)

I believe it was optional. I looked it up, and Edmunds says it was optional.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was, just wanted more confirmation from others. Thanks!

i don't understand the title of this thread lol
The "Because Race car" thing is a joke that has picked up recently.

http://becauseracecar.org/

Very nice! I'm so glad I got out of Auto-X. It's insanely addicting.
Glad you got out of it?! I'd be immensely depressed if I ever stopped lol

Been there done that! Nice comp car! It's the funniest most trilling s*** ever!
You race and know what I'm talking about...Way different from going straight, right?
I could never drag race after doing this stuff. Hell even road courses are boring for me. AutoX is about thinking ahead and on the spot. I feel like on a road course I can see the turn coming up foreverrrr and the transitions just aren't as quick and exciting to me. But playing out on road courses is still fun.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad you got out of it?! I'd be immensely depressed if I ever stopped lol
It consumed my life and I was going broke with it and college grades were slipping. I got too heavily involved. If I wasn't running I was working courses, going with friends, on the Events Staff, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it was HARD leaving and to this day I still miss it at times. My BF is joining the STL SCCA region this year and I'm worried I'll get sucked in again.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I hear ya, it's gotten pretty time consuming for me now that I'm on 2 different club committees. One of which I'm desiging courses for all season which is taking up a lot of time outside of events to do. But, as much stress as it's adding to my workload and personal life, it's worth it. I love the environment, the people and of course the racing. Too much fun! lol

I don't see the harm in doing an event or 2 every once in a while! Go for it!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Little update.

Removed the stereo and made a block off plate for the head unit.

Detailed the car a bit.

Also got new tires to race on for it, same as before just fresh, 195/50R15 Toyo R1R's.

Also found out the ECU is stock BUT, I found 2! Redshift ECU chips for it sitting in the glovebox. One sets redline at 7500rpm and the other at 7700rpm. With this being a rebuilt-stock motor, I'll probably install the 7700.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New pics

Pic from the DC Pro Solo a few weeks ago

Pic from this past Sunday's event

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mmmmm race car =)

I love the exhaust setup on those and the crx's, where the muffler is sideways.

Good pics as always :D

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys!

Almost forgot. I had a feeling the ECU was modified but never knew. Previous owner/my friend didn't know and I never peeked at it until a couple of weeks ago. Pulled the ECU out and noticed it had "Redshift Ver 3.0" written on it. Opened it up and found that it had been socketed and seems like it had the Redshift Motorsports base map ECU chip installed. I found a packet with 2 extra chips, one to set rev limiter at 7500rpm and the other to set rev limiter at 7700rpm. Went ahead and installed the 7700rpm chip and have done a couple of events since then. Car feels good and the extra revs has already helped out.

Also, been talking to my sponsor, Karcepts, and he'll be hooking me up with a passenger side seat base mount for this car so I can finally install my Sparco seat I've had lying around. He's also getting me a Buddy Club seat mount with sliders so I can swap the Sparco into my black '95 Civic Coupe when I feel like playing with it. Those should be here in a couple of weeks.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey speedy I have a question about my suspension, I was trying to fit a 13 mm 95 ex rear sway to it, but it didn't work out. I have the asr brace and just recently installed f7 rear lca's. I was wondering if the asr 24mm would be too much bar for it in the rear, I have ex lca's and 22mm ex front bar already installed. Thank you in advance for your response.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey speedy I have a question about my suspension, I was trying to fit a 13 mm 95 ex rear sway to it, but it didn't work out. I have the asr brace and just recently installed f7 rear lca's. I was wondering if the asr 24mm would be too much bar for it in the rear, I have ex lca's and 22mm ex front bar already installed. Thank you in advance for your response.
Ah forgot I had this thread for this car.. lol. Thanks for the bump roma.

Depends on the shock/spring setup you have. So, what is that?

While I'm here I guess I'll update. Since the last post here, nothing really happened to the car. Just raced it a whole lot and took home my 5th regional championship in a row and a 2nd class win with the local BMW club. During the long off season, I've been researching and planning for hopefully a bigger and better 2013 season.

Ordered a lot of parts recently and have just gotten around to installing some. Some of these parts I've had but haven't been installed yet. Some parts will be ordered this week.

- (2) Ground Control extended top mounts for the front suspension (going to lower the car a tiny bit more)
- Skunk2 Pro Series front camber kit
- Ingalls rear camber kit
- Energy Suspension master bushing kit
- Energy Suspension engine mount inserts
- 3mm wheel spacer for front wheels
- Unorthodox Racing single belt conversion crank and alt. pulley kit
- Braille 9.5lb battery
- Hawk HP+ front brake pads
- (4) 195/50R15 Toyo R1R tires shaved to 4/32nd's
- Sparco passenger side seat base
- B&M dual bend short throw shifter
- Karcepts lightweight shift knob
- And my sponsor will be doing the alignment and corner balance for the car
- Hopefully a new exhaust setup soon enough, need to talk to my exhaust guy

Some pics of what I got around to doing this weekend.

Waiting paitently for some more parts to come in this week in hopes to get them installed next weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to take the new tires and get them mounted/balanced tomorrow. I want to get everything said and done before March 17th, which is the first event for me. Just trying to get the car prepped so I can focus on getting the suspension and alignment dialed in to my liking once the season starts.

I'll update as I go on.