please read this, i need help on two things...

stilencivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am driving a 2000 honda civic EX.
Ok, i was wondering if you guys can help me out with. I need to know where i can get some mounting brackets for a Sony explod CDX-CA650X head unit. If you could send me a link to the website or wutever that would be great. Another thing that i need help on is how do i take out the stock headunit in my car. All i know so far is that i have to take out the dash on the bottom near the center console, take out the glove box, and the the dash under the steering wheel out. if you could send me a link with some pictures on how i can remove the stock headunit that would be great.[/code]

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I don't think you need any mounting brackets, but I could be wrong. You could try some place like crutchfield.com.

I just installed a headunit in my g/f's 99 ex and this is what you have to do;

1. remove the glove box (2 screws)
2. remove the covering under the steering wheel (3 screws, then the top just snaps out by pulling down)
3. remove the center piece with the 12 v. outlet (6 screws total, 2 on the left, 2 on the right, and 2 in the center above the 12 v. outlet)
4. remove the 4 screws under the head unit inorder to slide the whole center console out.
5. You can then remove the 2 screws that hold the stock headunit in of the right side.
6. remove the heating controls in order to get to the 2 screws that hold in the stock headunit (3 screws hold that in).
7. Then just do everything in reverse order to put it back together.

I may sound hard, but it doesn't take too long. I also had to unplug some wire harnesses and unclip some from the metal pieces in order to get the console all of the way out.

Hope some of this helped.