Plug leads

Jim

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got weak hands and find it difficult to remove the plug leads on my `99 SOHC Civic. I believe there is a tool available for this. Does anyone know what it consists of, and is it something I could make? Thanks in advance

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo jimbo...didnt you post this before...as your first post?

Jim

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, Yes, you're quite right. I followed the good advice and removed the leads. However at that time I didn't know there was a tool for the job, and it would be nice to have for the future. Regards

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you mean the spark plug socket on the end of the wires...? you can use a plier or vise-grip to just pull it off...........

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't use anything that'll damage the leads. If you do use a pair of plyers, at least put a rag in between the lead and the tool to protect the rubber.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is actually a tool for this. I found it in the tool aisle the other day at pep-boys. I was looking for a brake line flaring tool and it was in there with the rest of the tools.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know Snap-On sells one for VW service. Some VW models need a tool to remove their leads. Hondas are designed for hand removal. Unless the tool says that it is specifically made for Honda cars, it may be the wrong one.

VigLink badge