Plug leads

Jim

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got weak hands and find it difficult to remove the plug leads on my `99 SOHC Civic. I believe there is a tool available for this. Does anyone know what it consists of, and is it something I could make? Thanks in advance

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo jimbo...didnt you post this before...as your first post?

Jim

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, Yes, you're quite right. I followed the good advice and removed the leads. However at that time I didn't know there was a tool for the job, and it would be nice to have for the future. Regards

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you mean the spark plug socket on the end of the wires...? you can use a plier or vise-grip to just pull it off...........

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't use anything that'll damage the leads. If you do use a pair of plyers, at least put a rag in between the lead and the tool to protect the rubber.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is actually a tool for this. I found it in the tool aisle the other day at pep-boys. I was looking for a brake line flaring tool and it was in there with the rest of the tools.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know Snap-On sells one for VW service. Some VW models need a tool to remove their leads. Hondas are designed for hand removal. Unless the tool says that it is specifically made for Honda cars, it may be the wrong one.