plz help....drove without radiator fuild :(

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn well yesterday i was driving all good when my temp gauge just went up quick..so i stop as fast as i could and i got a leak..so i fixed that..but now i here a nasty chattering noise...it really makes a lot of noise when im driving and i let go of the gas letting the rpm drop on its own in gear..only drove like that to get home15mins..and right when i was gettin close.my car start shaking and it got really hard to get into gear..im thinking i burned my clutch due to no cooling system..plz tell me wat u think...t

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Doubtful it was your clutch. Likely warped the head to s**t, or you're on the verge of throwing a rod. That is not good.

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would think it was the engine but when its a coo idle..say 2000rpms the engine sounds good..its just when the idle come down it makes that nasty nosie

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would think it was the engine but when its a coo idle..say 2000rpms the engine sounds good..its just when the idle come down it makes that nasty nosie
Well, in that case, it could very well be your transmission. A bit odd that it would go before your block, but it is possible.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
losing coolant would not effect your transmission at all. this is a completely different issue

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u dont think the throw bearing or maybe the meat on the clutch burned out?

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
losing coolant would not effect your transmission at all. this is a completely different issue
what are some of the most likey things when fuild is lost?beside the head gasket going out..i doubt its that..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are some of the most likey things when fuild is lost?beside the head gasket going out..i doubt its that..
warpage of the head and block causing headgasket to go. you lost coolant, not oil so the engine wouldnt seize up. trans uses it own trans fluid

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok well i just started it up again and ..it doesnt make noise when i engage the clutch..but once i let go of the pedal..its makes that noise...so when i hold the clutch in..my car sounds like it always did.good...but once i let go of the clutch hear that noise,and it makes another noise when i try to put it into gear.it does go into gear but makes another noise during the process

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and i looked all around the head and i see no leaks of oil..none on the engine and none on the flooor

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like coincedence. My trans started making loud noises when clutch not engaged, and would eventually start dropping out of 3rd gear on sudden deceleration/rpm drops. (could actually see the shift lever twitch when dropping rpms suddenly). turns out an input bearing in the trans had fallen apart, and was allowing the shaft to move side to side.
SO, loud trans noise while gears turning but stops when clutch pushed in COULD be bearings in the transmission