Port and polish on new civic

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any one with a 7thgen do this yet? :roll: just wondering how much hp you gained.

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
talk to spider he had it done. since were on the topic i got two questions. how long does it take to get the p & p done? a few hrs or it takes all day. and do i need any other mods before i get a p & p done?do i need an intake or catback or anything necessary before i get it done. thank you

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a bullfrog head with bullfrog head work done to it. it is port and polished. i also got a ported intake manifold, and a ported throttle body. and i have a chip programed to fit my bullfrog work. i have a 94 civic dx (1.5 SOHC non-vtec) its stock hp is 102. right now im prolly pushin in the area of 140-150 hp. so YES, port and polishing make s a HUGE diference. i also have a bullfrog cam i havent installed yet. im waitin for my header to install the cam. and you dont need to do anything to your car to get it port and polished, but i suggest a 2.25 or 2.5" catback exhaust if you do get it done. hope that helped :D

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "DLS TekNiQue"

i have a bullfrog head with bullfrog head work done to it. it is port and polished. i also got a ported intake manifold, and a ported throttle body. and i have a chip programed to fit my bullfrog work. i have a 94 civic dx (1.5 SOHC non-vtec) its stock hp is 102. right now im prolly pushin in the area of 140-150 hp. so YES, port and polishing make s a HUGE diference. i also have a bullfrog cam i havent installed yet. im waitin for my header to install the cam. and you dont need to do anything to your car to get it port and polished, but i suggest a 2.25 or 2.5" catback exhaust if you do get it done. hope that helped :D
yeah i fiqured it would im just seeing if i should get a port and polish or turbo it. because its really hard to turbo new civics, so i may just get this instead. :D

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey DLS thanks for your answers but you didnt answer my other question. lol how long does it take for a p & p done? oh and one more thing. what can you p & p? the intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and what else. what do you suggest to get p & p first? i dont really know about p & p so bare with me im learning. :D

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the head done first. then do the intake manifold & throttle body, and then your header. i would look for bullfrog, i dont know if they are still around, but if you can get theirm work done to your car, youll be more then happy.

i dont remmember ho long it takes.

and the only thing i know that you can p&p is head, header, intake manifold and throttle body..i dont know what else you can do it to :?:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

get the head done first. then do the intake manifold & throttle body, and then your header. i would look for bullfrog, i dont know if they are still around, but if you can get theirm work done to your car, youll be more then happy.

and the only thing i know that you can p&p is head, header, intake manifold and throttle body..i dont know what else you can do it to :?:
thanks for all the help

sspem2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

thank you sir learned alot about p & p. keep the useful info comin dsl. :D

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes i have it done on my 2k1 civic... buy im in oklahoma right now and will be back home in florida soon and will post everything then

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "spider883"

yes i have it done on my 2k1 civic... buy im in oklahoma right now and will be back home in florida soon and will post everything then
yeah let me know.

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

You gonna dyno it or just guess how much horse power you have? I have seen 100's of cars dynoed and with the work you say you have done my guess is you have about 120hp at the flywheel. Around 95hp at the ground.

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys need to buy a vafc $300. and go to the dyno trust me that's the cheapest hp you will ever get. We took my friends car in it had a stock b16a3 block ported and polished head june cams and type r intake it put down 149hp we tunned it for like 2mins(tunned with the vafc) ran it again and it put down 160! Plus he gets better gas milage now.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i got more done to my car now, so im reving at 8-8500

yea once i buy a vafc ill go and dyno tune it and get you guys the numbers too. where can i get a vafc?

EFboogie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.htm

just do the s**t yourself get a compressor die grinder and the kit save yourself a good 300-600 depending on your shop and sh*t u could just start charging mofos to do their s**t to pay for the equipment!!!

btw to get a vafc go to egay... hell my homesite carolinahondas.com has em used for $150... and i never heard of a 149whp si getting 160 with just afc tuning... must have more s**t done than u listed chief or either u red s**t wrong!

scripter

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It takes a full day and all you are really doing is building your top end so if you do it build the bottom end also my friend made the mistake of not building the bottom end also