Possible dizzy issue

Iheartmyej8

I was driving down the road and my car started to miss and stopped at a gas station and noticed that cylinder 3 wasn't firing, I tested this by pulling the plugs one by one until I pulled one and the motor didn't try to bog like when removing a firing cylinder. It completely failed to the point where it wouldn't move 2 feet without dying. Well we got it pushed almost a quarter mile home and replaced the dizzy cap and rotor and it ran amazing on the way back home, then I parked her and went inside for a few hours came out and nothing, just turns and turns and turns with no spark. Does not smelled flooded though so I'm not sure what's going on. Checked to see if it's getting spark by putting on the valve cover and looking for a arc but nothing. Any advice? After she died I got codes for cylinder 1,2,4 misfire and random misfire and something about vtec solenoid but can't remember what code it was, I reset the codes and haven't got any codes since. D16y8 ej8 civic manual transmission 1997 coupe

Iheartmyej8

Still not trying to start just turns and turns.. Any advice?

Iheartmyej8

Both the cap and rotor were bought brand new from advanced auto, it ran so strong until I got it home and tried to start it again. Amy ideas at all would help....