Post pics of your drop here!!!!

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Sitting on D2 "Super Low", 14k front and 8.5k springs. Messed with preload up front, maxed out rear.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
what wheels are those and sizes???
They are ARE (American Racing Wheels). 16x7 4x114.3 ~15 offset (not sure of offset since the wheels don't say and I run 4x114.3 to 4x100 adapters). They were originally chrome but they looked rough so I painted them gold. Tires are 165/45 all around.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
ohh o i wanted 16s or even 17s soo badly lol damn 165?!!?!?!?!? thats to thin for me lol my koings are 15x7 plus 11 offset with 195 45 15

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
i'm looking to get 16x8 to 16x9 or 17x8.5 to 17x9.5
For an EK I'd suggest 16. 17 are WAY too big and 15s are great but they will literally put you on the ground and scrape EVERYWHERE. I ran 15x8 +0 w/ 165/50 for a while. You NEED to run stretch tires to fit low offset wheels inside your fenders.

Here is a calculation for ya: If you wanna run 16x8 you need +20 offset to make it sit where my 165/50 sat. You might get away with it as long as you roll your fenders. I'd suggest getting tires that stretch more, but that's just me.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
For an EK I'd suggest 16. 17 are WAY too big and 15s are great but they will literally put you on the ground and scrape EVERYWHERE. I ran 15x8 +0 w/ 165/50 for a while. You NEED to run stretch tires to fit low offset wheels inside your fenders.

Here is a calculation for ya: If you wanna run 16x8 you need +20 offset to make it sit where my 165/50 sat. You might get away with it as long as you roll your fenders. I'd suggest getting tires that stretch more, but that's just me.
this is a good calculation i can use this as basic setup to go off on

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
this is a good calculation i can use this as basic setup to go off on
willtheyfit.com is your best friend when figuring out next wheel set up. Also use tyrestretch.com to see different size tires on different widths. IMO 17s are too big, specially if you aren't going for an extreme drop. But to each his own man, I'm just giving some feedback that is all.
*EDIT: yeah my oil pan sits really low too, I've got a good amount of scrapes and dents and smacking it around made my oil leak worse*

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
also usually i figure the setup in a different way like for example my wheel are 15 by 7 with 11 offset, if it was 0 offset would mean the wheel has 3.5 in of outer lip and 3.5 in of inner lip( rim barrel) and adding 11mm to 3.5 in out lip would almost close to 4in out lip with almost 3in of innner rim barrel and tires size i figure out every in bigger of the rims since there itsn't any 16.5 in rims lol, i'll go down 2 tires size down from what i had before

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
also usually i figure the setup in a different way like for example my wheel are 15 by 7 with 11 offset, if it was 0 offset would mean the wheel has 3.5 in of outer lip and 3.5 in of inner lip( rim barrel) and adding 11mm to 3.5 in out lip would almost close to 4in out lip with almost 3in of innner rim barrel and tires size i figure out every in bigger of the rims since there itsn't any 16.5 in rims lol, i'll go down 2 tires size down from what i had before
aaaah gotcha. I might be studying engineering currently but I stay away from math when I'm outside of class lololol:D. willtheyfit.com is the best tool for me. Anyways your car looks good btw, I saw your build thread.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
aaaah gotcha. I might be studying engineering currently but I stay away from math when I'm outside of class lololol:D. willtheyfit.com is the best tool for me. Anyways your car looks good btw, I saw your build thread.[/QUOthat awsome
awsome, lol study hard those will come in handy when building motors and cars. lol i studied a lot of physics which does help a lot when your build a motor something thats not been done often at all i took me months of doing lot of diffrent calculation til i found which internals i was able to run with a specific setup i wanted to run

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
awsome, lol study hard those will come in handy when building motors and cars. lol i studied a lot of physics which does help a lot when your build a motor something thats not been done often at all i took me months of doing lot of diffrent calculation til i found which internals i was able to run with a specific setup i wanted to run
Sounds good, studying sucks but I'm hoping it'll pay off when I graduate. Currently doing a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a B.A. in Physics. Sorry too much info lol I'll shut up now and let the thread move on to more pics of lowered EKs.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Sounds good, studying sucks but I'm hoping it'll pay off when I graduate. Currently doing a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a B.A. in Physics. Sorry too much info lol I'll shut up now and let the thread move on to more pics of lowered EKs.
lol. yea they will pay off in the future may not be now but it will in the future and you'll thank your self for sucking up and studying hard. i how ever went to auto technician school gradutaed in the class of 08 since then i've been working in the field