power steering......problem

bubbles

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:?: I got a civic 94 model sedan....problem is my power steering just does not work the same.,,,,If i idle the car the steering is stiff but when i drive the power steering becomes better.....another trick i tried is when i idle the steering is stiff but then i bring the cars rev up and the steering acts normally.......

please help....

ps..someone told me theres a loss of pressure or the control valve is faulty in the system..should i drain the fluid and bleed the system with fresh p.s fluid????????????? :idea:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u sure yur car came with PS?

bubbles

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:shock: In south africa we call all honda's from 93 to 96 honda ballade's...not civics.....MY car is a 94 model 4 door sedan ...etc.... powersteering...elec windows..central locking..air con ...yes it has power steering .....pal.....engine number ....D16A7 16L....fuel injection sohc

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry man. i'm not trying to be a prick. i was just wondering...DAMN... don't get all defensive guy. i am only here to help the best i can. don't be a d**k if u don't want me to be one. it's just that some civics or ballades as u call them don't come with power steering. and the way u descirbed what your car does, it sounded like there was a possibility that yours doesn't. but maybe what that person told u was right, i am not sure buddy. sorry i couldn't help you more.