power steering stiff

bubbles

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How important is it to use the correct powersteering fluid,,,,,,I bought ahonda 94 civic and at idle my steering feels stiff,,,the moment i apply rev's it seems that the pressure in the system returns and i get my power steering back..

please help somebody

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very im portant. you should use the factory power steering fluid, you cant go wrong. also if it feels stiff at i dle its probably because youre runnig low or the fluid is to old.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they makes general power steering fluid...then they make honda power steering fluid. make sure the one you get is specifically for hondas, or you could come up on other problems

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup........ sounds like your power steering isn't even working

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn i wish my car had power steering..............I didnt think that the 5th gen civics ( besides the SI ) came with power steering. My 92 hatch doesnt have it and my friends 95 ex couple doesnt have power steering either. :roll:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ummm... i got a 95 ex coupe too, and it definitely has power steering. i dont think it was an option, im pretty sure it was standard on ex's. maybe your friends isnt working right

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn i didnt know that, i should tell him!!! I hate now having power steering :(

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
p/s isnt that big of a deal. it only really does anything at parking lot speeds. go to the gym and pump ahp dose puny masclez!!

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, u dont have to go to the gym and lift weights.. just masterbate like at least once a day and steering will be easy.. my car doesnt have powersteering either(95 civic dx coupe) but it has rachet and pending or something like that i think

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hhahahah...if he meant rack and pinion...thats hella funny