Power window trouble!

Spadez30

Hello...please help I'm stuck in the mud righr now.
I bought my 99 civic sedan about a month ago and the guys told me the 3 other windows stopped working recently. So I thought it might be a fuse or switch. My drivers side power window is the only window working and my other 3 windows do not! Changed the fuses and bought a new damn master switch for $60 and yet STILL isnt working..im thinking my next step will be to open the windows and test the motors. But how damn likely is all 3 motors to go at once???
Any suggestions..please help!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all, dont continue to replace random parts if you have done no trouble shooting. If the individual door window switches worked then that would've been a sign that the master switch was faulty. Call that a $60 lesson. Furthermore, you're putting too much trust in believing what the seller of the car told you. There are just too many reasons for them not to work ranging from incompetence of someone reinstalling everything and simply not hooking up harnesses, to cut wires, to relay issues, and so on.

Simplify your thought process and just look at it as 3 windows fail to lower at any switch. First, make sure none of the motors are making any noise when a switch is used. Start diagnosing one at a time and go from there, or simply check the relays. I believe there is a power window relay. Otherwise, manually test at least one of the other motors. If its functioning then test the switch and work your way to the master switch, relays, and so on.

Spadez30

Trust me I realize that..so I came to a holt and asked for help. But Tha know you very much for the response and where is the relay located. I'd like to check that asap because I don't hear any motors making any noise or movement.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The power of :google:. Try it sometime.