probably gonna get torn a new one on this but I have to ask...

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, so for a gift a friend of mine got me an LSD trans and installed it(before I knew much about cars)... he is now in Iraq so I can't ask him...

I want to get new mounts so how can you tell the difference between a cable and hydraulic transmission?

I have a B16 with LSD bseries trans...

the code on my trans is S80-3016440.. but I can't find anything other then both cable and hydraulic start with S80 (thanks honda)

anyone with more in depth info or a good search (I'm at work under a deadline) help me out please?

thanks everyone

PS.. honda swap reference guide only says "bseries transmission" only specifies d with cable or hydraulic trans

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are a few ways to physically tell. Check the firewall to see if there is a second master cylinder reservoir. Check the transmission to see if there are 2 10mm bolts holding a steel "brake" line in place (sometimes at that bracket there will be a joint between a hard line and a rubber line). also on the front your your transmission there will be a slave cyliner with a bleeder valve. there are all things to look for with a hydro transmission.

this to look for with a cable transmission would be a cable. there is a "linkage" in the front of the transmission where the cable and adjuster go into. if you have someone push the clutch pedal in, you can physically SEE the clutch cable move this arm/linkage.

hope this helps.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thank you so much for a polite and helpful answer lol... tired of being torn up on this forum for tech questions

I'll check when I get to my car in a couple hours

thanks again

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thank you so much for a polite and helpful answer lol... tired of being torn up on this forum for tech questions

I'll check when I get to my car in a couple hours

thanks again
lol, no problem.