problem with 98 ex passenger window

Andrew H

Hey guys I have a 98 coupe and my passenger window doesn't go up and down straight, it has power (new motor) when it goes down like 1/4 of the way down the front of the window dips down causing the back to kick up and come out off the track.

I've tried playing with track bolts and adjust them and the regulator bolts as well and even tried to lube the tracks up a little still not helping.

And it's only that one spot once it's beyond it, the window goes down fine and up fine until that spot. Any help would be awesome, love this little car just want my damn window to function properly!

Any idea? I have a little video if you can make out what I'm saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq8Lo7JhmAs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

my93civic

Have you cleaned the track out?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would be the rubber channels that it runs up and down on both sides. They are old and become worn or stretched after all the years of use. Pain in the ass to replace, but not very expensive. At least they weren't on my 5th gen.

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like a bad window regulator. The scissor joint generally gets too much free play over time. After installing a new one, be sure to lubricate the rubber channels regularly to prevent window glass binding, which shortens the regulator's life.