Problem with Emblems

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I just got done installing a new Red "H" emblem on the back of my trunk, which turned out pretty good. The problem is however that the glue didnt stick all that great at the bottem and its easy to get under and I am afraid it might not stay on under certain conditions. I just removed the old emblem and pressed the new one on. Is there anyway I should try and melt the glue onto the car with a hairdryer, or use another type of glue to stick on that wouldnt hurt the paint but hold that sucker on their real good? I dont want the emblem falling of or getting stolen.

Anyways thanks for the help, it's greatly apperciated...

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one word: epoxy..... seanjohn will elaborate..............

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

one word: epoxy..... seanjohn will elaborate..............
did someone steal his "SI" emblems... biotches :evil:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i still need to get on that with my front emblem

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, no problem with his emblems being stolen...... i just pretty much recommend epoxy for everything (it's become somewhat of a joke....). it works though, that stuff hardens to concrete.... your badges may never come off again.............

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or heat up the sticky stuff and re try it but i would go with that Epoxy stuff bro.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a blue "H" and it stays on fine without any "epoxy"

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
screw epoxy....youll never get that shiz off if you want...use a hot glue gun and put it on the pegs on the back of the emblem....and push it in the holes...it wont fall off...mine havent

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not talking about them falling off....... some people worry about their emblems being stolen. and don't you ever dis epoxy again, f**king noob..... :twisted:

epoxy can be removed with denatured alcohol or EMK, or a sharp blade and steady hand......

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

i'm not talking about them falling off....... some people worry about their emblems being stolen. and don't you ever dis epoxy again, f**king noob..... :twisted:

epoxy can be removed with denatured alcohol or EMK, or a sharp blade and steady hand......
hahahah OMG that was so funny, i couldnt stop laughing lol. Ya man, epoxy owns u civikid

obelix26

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am looking for carbon fiber emblems for my 2004 Civic Coupe. Can anyone point me in the right direction

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used 3m moulding tape (double sided), that stuff is what's holding my rear lip on besides the 4 screws in the fender well. lol thats stuff is strong as hell

memorex

2004 Civic Hopefull
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Obelix, hello man. You by any chance show up at the Street Racing Dayton cruise-in tonight. If you by any chance want to show up man I can get you there. I myself am getting a 04 Civic, that is black. However I just got black emblems. But since your looking for carbon fiber emblems. I am almost CERTAIN www.modacar.com has them. I might be wrong and if they don't I'll look in my favorites because I always visit a site that has them. If that isn't it get back at me. Hope to see you at one of the cruise-ins.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey lets just revive a thread from the toombs

btw

EPOXY ownZ j00