Problem with shifting on 7th Gen

X-CiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Guys I got a question, when I shift into 3rd Gear I get like a clicking or grinding noise from my shifter it's not a big grinding noise but the clutch is all the way down and no other gears do this. Anyone else have this problem? If not do any of you think it could be something big like the Tranny or could it just be my shifter? Look at my sig for the model and year if you need to. Thanks I hope I don't gotta go back to Honda for a new tranny already it's only 5 months old. I called Honda and they said to set up an appointment to come in but I don't wanna do all that yet. I figured I'd ask the pro's on here first to get an idea of what it could be so they don't bull!@$% me.

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like possibly could be the syncros. At what rpm does this happen? Does it do it also at wot? Is it cold outside?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most likely explaination is that you have already $#i+hammered your syncros. Except usually you nail second gear. Does the sound occur when your hand is on the shifter? If so LET GO! You are binding the shift dog. (<---that is usually a high pitched whirring grinding kind of noise)

Or you could have just gotten a Friday evening production transmission. :???:

gents97civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Most likely explaination is that you have already $#i+hammered your syncros. Except usually you nail second gear. Does the sound occur when your hand is on the shifter? If so LET GO! You are binding the shift dog. (<---that is usually a high pitched whirring grinding kind of noise)

Or you could have just gotten a Friday evening production transmission. :???:
I agree, shift forks are like 70 some bucks too so get that checked out.

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard some people having problems shifting on the 7th Gen..and they have to fix the synchros so that might be the problem. Someone posted something on it in the 7th Gen forum soemwhere I'll try to find it for you..If you shift fast it grinds in 1-3 gears..