Problems after installing new battery

Brenda

I hope I didn't overlook an answer to this problem. Yesterday, I replaced (or rather the auto parts store did) my battery. I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX 4 door sedan. I think I may have still been in shock after having to fork out $$$$ for the battery and didn't notice something until I got home. Car seems to be running great...except for I have no dashboard lights. All gauges are working fine, interior lights, blinkers, etc...all fine. Just no instrument panel lights. I've read about removing the ECU fuse for about 10 minutes and it will "reset". Any thoughts? Would very much appreciate any help.

Brenda

Yes, they sure do. Tested them after noticing no dashboard light.

Brenda

Check whether 7.5A dash fuse 10 is blown.
Thanks so much for the help. It's weird. Went out to the car and turned the ignition switch to "on" but didn't start it. Waited a few minutes and then started it and had my dashboard lights back again. I'm still going to check the fuse anyways just to make double sure. Again thanks!

Brenda

Lol, yeah it was all the way on. I made sure to check that cuz I thought how stupid I was going to feel if it was dialed all the way to low after asking for help on here. It still probably wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the fuse you told me. Just in case...

dillon2swift

Respected
7th gen hondas have a recall on the switch that controls your brights and dims. Check that out. I had mine replaced after arguing with the dealer when I took it in for the taka air bag recall. They said it was already replaced but I told them that I had the same problems and that it had failed again if it was already replaced causing my dims to not work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk