progressive springs

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am still debating on my suspension components and I got to the point if I really need to get progressive rate springs. There are lots of high-end manufactures and cars, and not that many of them talk about progressive springs. For example H&R springs, they have springs for high-end cars etc, and there is no word if they are progressive or not, at least I could not find the information on that. My question is. If I just regular springs that lower a car in the rear 1.0-1.5” max, and have full trunk of stuff (beer cases etc, you know what I mean) and two people on a back sit, - would that be a problem for a regular type springs? This is part of my concern; since I haul some people quite often with full trunk of garbage I just wonder if I drop my car using regular springs would that cause rubbing or excessive drop when loaded.

Can someone name other manufactures than Eibach that use progressive rate springs?

Thanks

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
progressive makes progreesive rate springs. pretty much if you're really worried about the weight then get something like eibach. they make really good springs. their rear springs get stiffer as more weight is applied.

h&r is not progressive.

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the answer. I think I will defenitelly go for eibach since I found them for about $160 on ebay (brand new). now I only will have to find a good deal for shocks - no more than $200-220 for the set and I am going for it.