Projector headlights....

civicdrvr22

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just installed my projector headlights and i didn't have to remove the front bumper, all you have to do is remove the front grill and get in behing your front tires into the well and you will be able to get to all of the bolts for the lights. the lights are the black housing projectors and i love them on my silver 2000 civic

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to take the bumper off to but it will be worth it

wiggy1126

5+ Year Member
Hey, i have a 2004 civic si , i just got projector headlights , how hard is it to install the headlights, do i need to remove the bumer, is there any sites that have instructions

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DLS TekNiQue said:
just a matter of unscrewing a few screws/bolts, removing the stock headlights, and replacing them with the new ones. real easy bro.
easy? yea, you just have to take of the entire front end of the car, its not tough because its only a few bolts but don't think its going to be easy, plan on it taking at least 2 hours, if done the right way, and being that you are getting these for free and your cousin is giving them to you, i'd say they are ebay special which means that they will have H1 bulbs, a fog light bulb, and they totally suck in the rain, they look great on the car, but you can't see s**t, so just be prepared to drive alot with your high beams on, thats what i did

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
kabulski said:
easy? yea, you just have to take of the entire front end of the car, its not tough because its only a few bolts but don't think its going to be easy, plan on it taking at least 2 hours, if done the right way, and being that you are getting these for free and your cousin is giving them to you, i'd say they are ebay special which means that they will have H1 bulbs, a fog light bulb, and they totally suck in the rain, they look great on the car, but you can't see s**t, so just be prepared to drive alot with your high beams on, thats what i did
if that's hard to you, i wouldn't suggest doing any DIY stuff to your car...taking off the front bumper is abou tthe easiest thing you can do on a civic...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wiggy1126 said:
Hey, i have a 2004 civic si , i just got projector headlights , how hard is it to install the headlights, do i need to remove the bumer, is there any sites that have instructions
Why would you bring a thread back from 2002 to try and thread jack it?

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
if that's hard to you, i wouldn't suggest doing any DIY stuff to your car...taking off the front bumper is abou tthe easiest thing you can do on a civic...
did i say i was too retarded to take the front bumper off my car? no, i was just saying that its more work than taking off a couple bolts, to me a couple bolts means less than 5 and then i just put the new headlight in, which is not the case, and by the way how is king bob's riddle's going? looks like i am still beating you and it will probably remain that way forever

tomrip1

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thought you might be able to help: the projectors that are on my 2000 dx hatch I just got have 2 spade terminals per bulb, an obvious conversion from the push on stock connector. Problem is, one light each side doesn't work on low beam, and I haven't been able to figure what they've done to the wiring...any ideas? I have read here, the low beam is a different bulb, than the high, so there's a clue there.