Projector headlights....

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm gonna be gettin a set of projector headlights for my 2000 Civic (courtesy of my cousin who's giving them to me for FREE!! SCORE! HaHa!). But yea, he told me that you can't really see that well in the rain with them, is that true? And for those who have projector headlights, how do you like (or dislike) them?

ConfusedSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had them on my 92 Ex, and I loved them...they were so freaking bright!

emerge

R'TEk Innovations
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just ordered some black housing ion halo projector headlights for my civic. ill post pics when they come in and let you know how i like them. i dont know about visibility but i thought they were supposed to help it?

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah.. they look really sweet.. i ordered mine already and they should be in maybe in a couple of weeks or so.. :D i'll take pics when i put them on. they must look cute with eyelids too.. i wonder.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are they hard to install? Are there any sites that any of you know about that show you how to install them in your car?

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just a matter of unscrewing a few screws/bolts, removing the stock headlights, and replacing them with the new ones. real easy bro.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont really like projectors, i think they r ugly as hell. especially on a 6th gen. just my opinion tho, sorry. i like stock h/l's without the amber light on. they look TIGHT that way.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "DLS TekNiQue"

just a matter of unscrewing a few screws/bolts, removing the stock headlights, and replacing them with the new ones. real easy bro.
Don't you have to remove the bumper also?

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

i dont really like projectors, i think they r ugly as hell. especially on a 6th gen. just my opinion tho, sorry. i like stock h/l's without the amber light on. they look TIGHT that way.
Yea, I changed the corner bulbs on my 2000 Civic, but I really hate the yellow reflectors on the corners. It makes my corners have a slight dull yellow color to it even though I have hyper white corner bulbs. Ah well, whatever.

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On a 96-00 Civic you're going to have to pull the front bumper off in order to change out the headlights. One of my buddies has a set of them in his 98 & they aren't that great as far as lighting up the ground is concerned. They look real sharp when you see them from the outside though.

Ken

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love projectors for 92-95 civics...especially the halo eyes ones. im gettin them theyre sexy :D

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am about to sound like a loser, but the projector lights do let you see farther right? Or are those the ones that like have an image on them like a covering? I am out in right field here someone let me know.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "DLS TekNiQue"

i love projectors for 92-95 civics...especially the halo eyes ones. im gettin them theyre sexy :D
What is the purpose of the "halo/angel eyes" on headlights? I've always wondered what they were for ever since I saw them on BMWs.

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The "angel eyes" are used as day running lights. Most newer cars have their headlights on a super low beam automatically. I know that almost all GM products are doing this. This is just BMW's way of having some form of front light on at all times.

civicchick95: projector headlights have a bulb behind a glass "bubble" to give more light. If you ever see a car that has what looks like a glass ball in the headlight that is the projector. Most Lexus' have them and almost all luxury brand cars are putting them on now as well. Most aftermarket ones are for appearance only so they don't put out more light. In fact most of them put out less than a stock headlight setup. They still look pretty though.

Ken

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks I think you know now that I hardlyknowwhat i am talking about, but thanks.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where's a good deal to buy dual halo angel eyes projectors for 96-98 civic...on ebay they sell for 199 plus shipping...im trying to look around for a better deal

CivicNation

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i shopped all the spots i knew off. all the ones in super street . thats the best deal for 99-00 ive seen.
but try http://secure7.mavweb.net/advancemotoring/Product.asp?bbname=Honda&cat=Headlamp&make=Civic++++++++++++++++++&makename=headlampmake1.asp&brand=all&page=4&recs=10

takes you straight to your year

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicNation...why are your halo's gonna cost you that much!?!? www.nlmotoring.com has them $204.99 plus $25 shipping....

emerge

R'TEk Innovations
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my single halo projectors were 202$ after everything ;]