Proud New Owner

2003sI

5+ Year Member
So i bought a 2003 Civic Si yesterday, and ive already been bitten by the bug.

I want more power. I was thinking about swapping an a K20a2 motor with the 6 speed transmission. Is this doable? The only thing i think would be an issue is the fact that the Si has the dash mounted shifter (which still feels akward, but i guess ill get used to it) and the type-s doesnt. Not sure how the linkage would work with that.

I also want to install the TODA Engine Kit. Which brings me to another question. Would a k24 Block (specifically K24a2 from the TSX) fit in the EP chassis without a mount kit? Has anyone done this before? Im sure im not coming up with original ideas or anything.

Im pretty big on sleeper cars, so i was wondering. With the formentioned modifications (a2 motor with the engine kit) and a small shot of nitrous (~50) would the stock intake assembly be a major restriction? I will also be keeping the stock muffler.

I am not new to cars, i know how to work on them, and i know a fair bit about b/d motors, but am extremely new to the K family. Any work done to the car will be done by me.

Thanks for any help you'd feel so inclined providing.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sport compact car magazine did a feature on a hybrid..K24 block from a CR-V with a Type S head...look at their website..im pretty sure the K20A2 will wok on ur car..not sure on the shiter tho..welcome to the club..

2003sI

5+ Year Member
ok, after reading that article, i think ive decided to stick with a regular k20, at least for now. Id definatly look into the k24 block down the road if i decided to boost, but for now, id like to breath naturally.

Thanks for the help!

does anyone else know anything about a 6speed swap?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, the K20A2 swap CAN be done in your car and has been done many many times. It should be a relatively easy swap... and if you decide to do the swap, I believe you will be very happy with the results.

Also, you may want to rethink your choice on not installing an intake or exhaust system. The K20A2 makes much more power than the B or D with simple intake and exhaust upgrades... just something for you to think about.

Welcome to CC :D

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Yes, the K20A2 swap CAN be done in your car and has been done many many times. It should be a relatively easy swap... and if you decide to do the swap, I believe you will be very happy with the results.

Also, you may want to rethink your choice on not installing an intake or exhaust system. The K20A2 makes much more power than the B or D with simple intake and exhaust upgrades... just something for you to think about.

Welcome to CC :D
:werd: the K20A2 loves more air. you can get 20 something hp out of I/h/e with that motor...no s**t.

and :welcome: