Pulled my motor apart

95eghatchfrom54

Well as a few of you know I'm rebuilding a d15b7.....lastnight a couple buddies and I pulled the head of the motor to check everything out and it's looking alright not the best and sure as hell not the worst. Cams in great shape but I'm have to replace the valves they are tore up. I'll post pictures later for everybody to see. But once I get money I'm gonna take the head in to have it machined and cleaned up plus I'm going to port and polish at the same time. The block looks like it's in great shape just gotta be cleaned up and the pistons are in amazing shape. Gonna be a fun rebuild. I can't wait to get my cash and start the work and get it complete and dropped into my hatch.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet. Good luck!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well as a few of you know I'm rebuilding a d15b7.....lastnight a couple buddies and I pulled the head of the motor to check everything out and it's looking alright not the best and sure as hell not the worst. Cams in great shape but I'm have to replace the valves they are tore up. I'll post pictures later for everybody to see. But once I get money I'm gonna take the head in to have it machined and cleaned up plus I'm going to port and polish at the same time. The block looks like it's in great shape just gotta be cleaned up and the pistons are in amazing shape. Gonna be a fun rebuild. I can't wait to get my cash and start the work and get it complete and dropped into my hatch.
Awesome! Keep us posted with lots of pics as you continue

95eghatchfrom54

Awesome! Keep us posted with lots of pics as you continue
I'll be sure to post pictures.....I guess I'll have to make a build thread then lol....considering that I'm gonna gut the car out and redo the carpet and some interior pieces plus exterior mods. But I'm goin to keep it fresh and clean...no rice here

Last edited:

jordan101

just a question why spend money on a rebuild kit when you can buy a jdm d series motor for bout the same price your gonna spend on a rebuild? rebuilding is a good way to learn and gain exp. but if done wrong you can blow motor. Im wishing you luck and keep us posted.

95eghatchfrom54

just a question why spend money on a rebuild kit when you can buy a jdm d series motor for bout the same price your gonna spend on a rebuild? rebuilding is a good way to learn and gain exp. but if done wrong you can blow motor. Im wishing you luck and keep us posted.
The reason I want to rebuild the motor is for the simple fact I can say I did the work. I wouldn't mind a jdm d series but that will be later on down the road. I've got a ton of friends who have done a ton of rebuilds so I'll have help every step of the way. I want a motor I can say I rebuilt from the ground up along with all the work to car. I'm a mechanics son and all my life it's always been do your own work you'll have more pride in the car that you built yourself. Hence the big reason I'm doing everything instead of ordering another motor and just swapping it in. I've done my calculations and all.....I'll be dropping around $1,000 on the rebuild which is also including the exhaust. I've got a buddy who works at a parts store and he's getting everything at his price from his job. Gotta love the hookups. It's gonna take a few weeks of hard work but will be well worth it in the end.

jordan101

i understand that. its really good exp. ive just seen ppl who rebult their motor and didnt properly brek it in and blew it up. anything can go wrong just make sure you take your time and i would go by the chilton book. its really an easy thing to do. i wish you luck keep us posted.

95eghatchfrom54

i understand that. its really good exp. ive just seen ppl who rebult their motor and didnt properly brek it in and blew it up. anything can go wrong just make sure you take your time and i would go by the chilton book. its really an easy thing to do. i wish you luck keep us posted.
Thanks...yeah I've seen people not do a proper break in and toast a rebuilt motor....one thing I've got goin for me is I've got a wife and kid. I'm not a racer and def not looking to make my EG one. I'm goin for function and form plus my EG will be my gas saver considering my current DD is a v8 Dodge truck. GAS Guzzler and a half.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should rebuild it with aftermarket insides... MHM. Lol. The d15 is often overlooked but built well will be just as good if not better than the d16 that everyone praises.

95eghatchfrom54

Alright guys sorry been so long on a update for the motor.....Just got done ordering a Topline Rering Kit, Tsudo N1 catback exhaust, and no name header. Once I get everything in...the work on the B7 will be underway....I'll take pics once the project is really started.