Pulling an engine out of an integra questions... NOOB ALERT-just in case...

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm currently in the process of pulling a B18 with an automatic tranny out of a 1990 Integra GS for a swap into my EG hatch. My question is...:

The car is on jack stands in my own garage with a simple tool box on hand. I already have handled the wiring harnesses, hoses, wires, etc from the engine, and all is left is to pull the axles out and remove the mounts and lift the engine out. Now I'm curious about how to pull the engine out, is it easier to pull just the engine out through the top and get the tranny afterwards, or pull both engine and tranny out together? I am aware that I have to disconnect the torque converter from the engine with 8 bolts after removing the starter, which is no problem for me to handle. I should be pulling the engine out next weekend or the next week when I finish school with a friend to give a hand, so it would be great if I can get some opinions as soon as possible.

Thanks.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've always pulled them together, although never an AUTO. Don't think there would be much of a difference. Some folks also lower the assemble to the ground and lift the car over it...

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've always pulled them together, although never an AUTO. Don't think there would be much of a difference. Some folks also lower the assemble to the ground and lift the car over it...
I only got like 1 foot behind the car in the garage :lol: The only option is to lift it out, but either engine only or both engine and tranny. Oh and this might help, the tranny is garbage, so I'm not reusing it, and the car will be scrapped when I'm done with it.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pull them out together...your gonna have to take everything off the engine and tranny eventually...just save yourself the hassel of messing with everything while its still in the car and pull them out together.