quater mile

catsman72

5+ Year Member
i have a civic hatchback cx and i was wundering what my quater mile time would be. i have a intake and egay header,cat and exhaust + i would also take out sub and amp the rear seats and the spare tire. thanks any responds.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd say somewhere between mid 15's to mid 16's. depending on the driver.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mid 16's to high 17's... for sure

catsman72

5+ Year Member
really, i'm a pretty good driver

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
mid 16's to high 17's... for sure
please... I was able to run mid 15's in my dx hatch with just an intake, cx is much lighter with same engine and if he had more mods, I'd say he'd be around the same. Course it takes a good driver to pull a mid 15 in a dx.

catsman72

5+ Year Member
my exhaust is 2.5 inch because i'm turboing in about three to four months do you think it will really matter right now?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
GSRs run mid to low 15's how the heck is a virtually stock cx hatch (with about 6hp of upgrades) going to do that i'd say you'd be lucky to get under a 16.5, and i doubt at 16 if that is your real age you have had enough experience to call yourself a pretty good driver man, sorry

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Suanico said:
GSRs run mid to low 15's how the heck is a virtually stock cx hatch (with about 6hp of upgrades) going to do that i'd say you'd be lucky to get under a 16.5, and i doubt at 16 if that is your real age you have had enough experience to call yourself a pretty good driver man, sorry
are you talking car and driver numbers for gsr's or real people numbers?

Civicracer876

5+ Year Member
yeah that gut is right theres no way in hell you will touch 15 with that cuz i got a gsr swap in my 99 coupe and i kept everything in and ran a high14 but that was luck after that it was all 15.2-15.3...or yeah and thats with skunk2 intake mani and dc sports 4-1 headers nd inject intake and a skunk 2 mega power exhaust!

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should be seeing mid 16s. no matter how good a driver you are, theres only so much that d16y7 can do.

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ran low 16's with my hx, i/h/e, and i had gutted it except for the dash, and drivers seat. but now with forced induction i am looking for 15-14's with the y5 powerplant.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i;d hardly call a couple hundred pounds a lot lighter. i guess around 17;s or higher if u;ve never been to a track before. you might of free;d up a few hp but mainly the car is just noisier.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
please... I was able to run mid 15's in my dx hatch with just an intake, cx is much lighter with same engine and if he had more mods, I'd say he'd be around the same. Course it takes a good driver to pull a mid 15 in a dx.
dont make me laugh... mid 15's with an intake..?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
dont make me laugh... mid 15's with an intake..?
well, it was stripped to s**t, and no ac or ps as well, lol