question about 1.6 sohc vtec motor

DOHC VTEC

5+ Year Member
i just got this car like three days ago and changed the oil in it last nite and started it up and it has a clanking sound when you first start it and when its at about 3,000 rpm. is this a rod knockin or something else. also if it is a rod knocking should i just go ahead and mini me swap it and does aney one recomend the mini me and how much of a power diference is it?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it more of a ticking sound?

DOHC VTEC

5+ Year Member
its kinda more like a knock but it sounds like its coming from under the valve cover. 1 more question about the mini me swap. is this rite for the swap. 1.6 sohc vtec head with 1.5 block.

psychotic_civic

Mini ME sucks.....you raise the compression so you have to run 93 octane, its unreliable, it will only get you about 100hp and by the time its all said and done it will run you about 5-600 bucks....that is what you can get a JDM D15B vtec for with low miles and 130hp. also the D15B reacts to boost extremely well....the D15B is a OEM Mini Me as Honda used a VX block with a Z6 head. it is a direct swap and you will not be disappointed for how cheap it is

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
How about d15b's are gay. You might just need to adjust your valves. Pretty easy if you have some go-no go feeler gages and the valve adjustment tool.