question about '94 Civic EX/S brake system...

1sciroccofahrer

My sister's '94 Civic needs new pads and rotors in the front, and I am trying to ascertain whether, or not, her Honda has the ABS brake system. The Honda has drums in the rear, so I am assuming that it does not have the ABS system, but before I ordered the parts I wanted to be sure. Thank you for the help, and have a most wonderful Wednesday =) Cheers!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does the car have orange plugs under the hood? that will be the easiest way to tell

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drums in the rear = no ABS.

Must be a coupe. All EH9s are 4 wheel disc w/ ABS (EH9 = EX sedan)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really i could have sworn that i once heard about drum abs. could be wrong but i know i heard that it was possible...

1sciroccofahrer

Sorry about omitting some pertinent info: The Civic is indeed a 2 door coupe. Are we talking about orange plug wires, or something different? The only thing orange under the hood are leaves =) Have a most wonderful evening one and all, and thank you for the help =)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know about orange plugs...:lol: never paid attention to the color. :what:

The ABS pump and controller is on the passenger side firewall on a 5g Civic. It's got a white translucent plastic reservior with a grey cap.

Lot's of cars with rear drums have ABS...just never any Civic I've ever seen. :what:

1sciroccofahrer

Thanks one and all for the help! I can now order the pads and rotors =) Have a splendid Thursday =)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
I don't know about orange plugs...:lol: never paid attention to the color. :what:

The ABS pump and controller is on the passenger side firewall on a 5g Civic. It's got a white translucent plastic reservior with a grey cap.

Lot's of cars with rear drums have ABS...just never any Civic I've ever seen. :what:
yeah the plugs are a dead giveaway. they are ornge. go and look on an abs civic maybe even any honda for that and it will be orange i know this becaue i had them ;)