Question about Canards/Splitters

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is their purpose? Ive heard they only for looks, and Ive heard they get the air off of the tires for better handling. Anyone have any other info? Because if they get the air off of the front tires, and are functional at speeds below 60mph or so, Im thinking about getting some.... Something like these here, but not as big/jutting out as far.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i think there just for use of directing the air upwards instead of getting to the wheel well..hopefullie thats wut there for cuz thats why i bought em for my car =)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you feel any difference in handling with them?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah not reallie =)..like my dad says.."its all in the head"

but im sure if your going fast enuf it'll work

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i heard it was for more downforce in the front? idk... also interested.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think they're ugly as fook :what:. but am interested in their purpose

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they woulnt do s**t unless your driving an f1 car, just like the civic back bumber cut out pieces that supposidly let trapped air out front inbetween the bumber and body....BS, yea maybe it does let that air out but unless your going 140-190 and tryin to shave couple second off you lap times u arnt going to notice a difference, thats all i gotta say, if anyone actually does feal a difference at road speed around town feel free to correct me

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Canards (bumper winglets) are designed to provide downforce on the front end of the car. Much like a wing on the rear of the car, canards add drag but help keep the front of the car planted when at speed. Made of plastic, carbon fiber, or fiberglass, canards are relatively inexpensive. However, they flex the paint on the front bumper skin, often resulting in stress cracks in the paint's surface.

/thread thank you dummies.com

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nurevEKcivic00 said:
they woulnt do s**t unless your driving an f1 car, just like the civic back bumber cut out pieces that supposidly let trapped air out front inbetween the bumber and body....BS, yea maybe it does let that air out but unless your going 140-190 and tryin to shave couple second off you lap times u arnt going to notice a difference, thats all i gotta say, if anyone actually does feal a difference at road speed around town feel free to correct me
I know some people that'll tell you differently about rear diffusers. For the price, they make quite a difference in drag.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So would you guys recommend them? I travel the highway often, and soon Ill be going to the track regulary for drags. Im really interested in them, especially because theyre fairly inexpensive.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nurevEKcivic00 said:
those holes DO help, if you have a fast car going down the track.

as for the canards, i think they look horrendous and dont do enough on a dd to justify the visual aspect.

PEPE LE PU

mods yea i got some
5+ Year Member
nurevEKcivic00 said:
agreed i dont think youll feel a difference :(