Question about HP gain with Aftermarket parts

Nexus

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well to know my present i must tell you my past ...My brother went to school and gave me his 2000 Honda CIvic EX and before he went back to school he got himself a WRX

Well I just wanted to know about the gains of some of the aftermarket parts...I can't drop turbo becuase the car is fully paid for but still has the warrenty on it so i dont really want to void it so My question to the Civic Gods are. :roll:

#1 what type of mods can i do without changing the muffler i want to look as stock as possiable doing low 15's w/o turbo

#2 how much HP gain will the stuff give me ... I.E i know cold air intake can give anywhere from 10-12 HP but i'm sure someone here will say thats not true but a bird told me that so shoot him

well thats about it i think.... I want to look stock and whoop ass because my friend looks like his car has dam near 300 HP! oh boy dont let me tell you about his SI sticker on his stock DX car, with body kit, and glowing gauges. :rolf: ...yeah i want to suprise people with the stockness so plz help meh

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ENGINE SWAP!!!

but if you cant afford that...
intake, headers, suspension, etc.

but i dont know if you can hit low 15's on a d16y8 without major mods like turbo. i dont know, someone else may know better.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i figured that. but check this, team 4r and seanjohn 1802 are hitting mid 15's with near stock b16's. i saw a guy at the track with a stock d16 dialing in at 16 flat, but i never saw him actually race.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um, excuse me...... mid to low-15's, if you don't mind..... :mrgreen:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

but i dont know if you can hit low 15's on a d16y8 without major mods like turbo. i dont know, someone else may know better.
this is it exactly....... that ex motor is not going to get you to run low 15's while still under warranty..... and, yes, it will require mad cash flow to get it that fast.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

um, excuse me...... mid to low-15's, if you don't mind..... :mrgreen:
my bad andy. i thought it was lower than daniels, but i couldnt find the exact time

KDoGx504

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like ur stuck..by the way, how much money are u plannin on puttin into ur car anyways?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there are 2 ways to make a honda fast- engine swap or boost. basically anything beyond bolt ons will void your warranty. and a cold air intake doesnt give 10-12hp, it gives maybe 3-5, probably 3 on a d16. you could get some high compression pistons, port and polished head, a cam, and that might get you into the low 15's, but then your stuck. theres no where else to go with that motor. d16's just plain suck when it comes to n/a. they need a turbo to make good hp. but there are ways around that. if you get another oil pan (because you need to tap a hole in it for the oil return line), the rest of the turbo kit is bolt on. so if anything does happen, you just put the stock oil pan on and take off the turbo kit and put your stock stuff back on, you could probably get away with keepin your warranty.

Nexus

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr you are the man! =) with that post you made you got my mind back up there "There is HOPE!" :lol:

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Nexus"

Well to know my present i must tell you my past ...My brother went to school and gave me his 2000 Honda CIvic EX and before he went back to school he got himself a WRX

Well I just wanted to know about the gains of some of the aftermarket parts...I can't drop turbo becuase the car is fully paid for but still has the warrenty on it so i dont really want to void it so My question to the Civic Gods are. :roll:

#1 what type of mods can i do without changing the muffler i want to look as stock as possiable doing low 15's w/o turbo

#2 how much HP gain will the stuff give me ... I.E i know cold air intake can give anywhere from 10-12 HP but i'm sure someone here will say thats not true but a bird told me that so shoot him

well thats about it i think.... I want to look stock and whoop ass because my friend looks like his car has dam near 300 HP! oh boy dont let me tell you about his SI sticker on his stock DX car, with body kit, and glowing gauges. :rolf: ...yeah i want to suprise people with the stockness so plz help meh
good ole sleepers

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that stock mufflers gonna kill you tho. honestly you could run a performance exhaust, and no one would be the wiser thanks to the sheer number of basically stock civics with only exhausts on there. and especially if your going turbo, havin the free flowin exhaust is essential to gettin performance. a third option is to keep your car stock and buy an old beater for a thousand or two and work on that. a beat up ef or eg hatch would be an excellent starting point, and is an even better sleeper than your new civic, and substantially lighter too.

turboferio

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can hit those times but for that amount of money u might as well go turbo or nos .... nitrous is keep cheap and guarantees 15's.... as for the muffler do what i did.... get the apexi exhaust cut the tip off it and weld ur stock tip to it.... 3 in pipe wit stock tip

todahatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, your engine is a sohc..... u cant do s**t with a sohc engine, the first step would be a swap to a dohc man, trust me dats the best way to make urs a sleeper