Question for you 6th Gen guys!

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
........... what are the differences between the 99-00 Si here in the US and the Si-R in Canada?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nothing much, the si-r also comes in sliver, which the si doesn't

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im pretty sure u get 10 more ponies in the Sir...

Paint color choices... otherwise i dunno

burntaxis

burnt axis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
StillenMaxSE99 said:
........... what are the differences between the 99-00 Si here in the US and the Si-R in Canada?
hey, I sent you a PM about the springs, but you never got back to me..just wondering if you are still interested...

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is there any way visually to tell the difference between a US Si and a Canadian SiR? besides the Si/Sir badge?

redsidriver2

Banned
dont hold me to this but i had heard that the sir comes with the power folding mirrors wich are also heated? i dunno maybe im just thinking of another car

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redsidriver2 said:
dont hold me to this but i had heard that the sir comes with the power folding mirrors wich are also heated? i dunno maybe im just thinking of another car

Like the JDM one??

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
StillenMaxSE99 said:
Like the JDM one??
I think the true SiR's had power folding / heated mirrors? could be wrong but I remember seeing them somewhere.

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well Folks just to Clarify

SiR's Come with Heated Side Mirrors and ABS Standard. That is the only diffrences as far as I know.

My Car comes with. A/C,Power Everything(Windows(with one touch down driver),Locks,Mirrors,Sunroof),Heated Side Mirrors,Cruise,CD Player,Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel,4 Wheel Disc Brakes with ABS,Front Upper Strut Tower Brace,Front 1 inch Swaybar,Rear 1/2 Swaybar,B12A2

I think that is it and if you look at that list a US SI comes with everything except what I have mentioned above.

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah forgot

Front SiR Lip Spoiler,Side Skirts and Bumper.

From what I have seen of your Si in the states Visually the cars look identical. Except one thing possibly (do you guys have the word SI in the front grille or is that just done by somebody aftermarket?)

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2KSIR said:
SiR's Come with Heated Side Mirrors and ABS Standard. That is the only diffrences as far as I know.
yup.. those are the only two i heard about that are different.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2KSIR said:
Except one thing possibly (do you guys have the word SI in the front grille or is that just done by somebody aftermarket?)
hmm...i dont think i've seen that done before...they just probably took their's off the back and put it there.

redsidriver2

Banned
nope we only have that big h in the middle of the grille and we put that si emblem there. so ur saying if we wanted abs on our si's wed have to go to canada to get any parts neccesary think it would work?

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No ABS parts should be avl down there. ABS is standard up here but optional down there

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't the Canadian cars generally come with the option of block heaters too? Not that it's interesting or whatever, but you guys up north need them. Shouldn't be a US option. (This is pretty much for all carrs though.)

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
abs was not a option on the 99-00 si in US.. well that what i was told when i use to work for honda

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
do canadian civics have DRLs?

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They Sure do Anfrey

Just like every other car in Canada since like 1990

NOFX: Engine Block heaters are optional not standard.

My Local Honda Dealership has display of optional parts and honda merchandize. Locking Wheels Nuts and Engine Block heaters are there along with mugs,pocket knives,key chains and clothing with the Honda Logo on it.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
can u show me a photo of your DRLs in action?

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See what I can do. I don't have a Digital Cam I will have borrow one from a friend.

Do you want a Night or Day Shot? or both?

Should be able to get something togother maybe this weekend or sometime next week.