questions on lowering

EKD16

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by mjms81
Aight, I got me a 2002 civic ex coupe, & i'm thinkin' about buyin' some rims. Of course i'm gonna have to lower it, & i am being told different suggestions. Some say to get eveything done, like changing the stock suspensions (may void my warranty). That would cost me about $1200. Others say to just change the springs and would only cost about $200 - $300. I'm a rookie with this stuff and I need some help, so I figured this place was the best place to go.
For whoever started this thread and had the original question... If you're going for looks, as in you want your car to be dumped, get coilovers. However, I would second whoever suggested H&R Springs, because you not only get a decent drop, but the ride is awesome too. Just install them correctly, and don't be like me and forget about your bump-stops completley, and forget to re-install the bolt that connects the fork to the shock. hehe.. :x

For mjms81 Do whatever you want. But you mentioned that replacing your suspension will void your warranty. First of all, that is B.S. The dealership cannot void your warranty unless there is a problem with your car and they can prove that your after market suspension/whatever, caused the problem. Oh, and second, don't ever buy a used car from a dealership, you will always pay way too much, IMO. =)

Just my .02 =)