Quick Q's

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
So, like the title says, I am going to keep this quick. I am planning on getting Progress CS'II coils soon and dropping a modest amount (say no more than 2.25 inches) and am planning on getting 15 inch Rota Slipstreams.
My question is
1. Will I rub?
2. What tire size should I get if I get 15x7's? (I do want a low profile tire)

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure you wont rub with that much of a drop. cause I'm dropped about 2 inches and I don't rub also if your getting 15's go with 195/55/15's they will keep your speedometer as accurate as possible and also prevent uneven wear

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is a sticky that helps explain this stuff a little bit.

Will you rub depends on how low you are, your wheel size and offset, and tire size. If you are lowering around 2 inches on 15x7 wheels, assuming you are using factory offset wheels (or around there which are +45 I believe), and assuming you will stick with factory size tires (195/55, 205/50 is an suitable size as well).... In that case, I am going to say you will be fine.

I'm pretty sure you wont rub with that much of a drop. cause I'm dropped about 2 inches and I don't rub also if your getting 15's go with 195/55/15's they will keep your speedometer as accurate as possible and also prevent uneven wear
There are various factors that can effect tire wear. The biggest thing would be to get an alignment after you get your ride height all said and done. If you have worn bushings / suspension components, they may not hold the alignment settings well. This is why I would say get an alignment once a year, or at least get it checked.

Also 195/55 isn't really low profile if you ask me. This is why I prefer 16's on 6th gens. I personally think 16's look better and you can also run 205/45's which is low profile.

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
I was planning on getting 16's but thought they would rub lol That makes me feel a lot better about what tire size I want. Thanks for your help JohnS