Radiator Swap?

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Before I start, I did utilize the search feature and didn't find anything in relation to what I'm about to ask...

Since my radiator went to hell, and I was able to track down a replacement, I was wondering how difficult a swap is? Is it something I'd be able to do myself? (don't have much mechanical experience, side from oil changes, routine stuff and brake work) I just don't feel like dishing out a shitload of money for someone else to do it, if I can do it myself. Is it just a simple drain-remove bolts/hoses, swap, repeat backwards thing?

thanks, peeps.

Peace and Llove
Eric

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah its cake man... really....

just be sure to bleed the system of air when you are done.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A teggy radiator will work with the removal of a/c & relocating one of the lower bracket. you will need teggy hoses

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depending on whether you have a manual or auto tells how much work there is. if manual, its as easy as you said: drain rad, remove fan/hoses/top rad support, pull out, slide new one in(make sure rubber feet from old rad can swapped over), reconnect fan/hoses/rad support, fill rad with coolant. simple out with the old in with the new swap. if auto, its the same except for the oil cooler lines at the bottom. need to disconnect the 2 hoses and plug/hold/whatever you want to not loose a lot of atf.

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks a lot! I'm about halfway done with it right now, but I ran out of daylight. So I'm gonna finish it up in the AM.

Peace and Llove
Eric