Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Buy something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So on top of my regular job, i'm going to be mowin a friend's lawn for the summer while he's away. His folks agreed to pay me $200 like normal (I've done this for them for the past 2-3 years). I'm gonna use that money as my fun money for the summer so I can bank my real paychecks. I have decided upon the 3 options: Save it for a rainy day/new car wayyy down the road, Save it and put it in my "car budget" for somethin big like coilovers, or buy the new Alpine CDA-9856 iPod ready headunit so no more CDs for my car. What should I do y'all think? I will eventually do whichever options I don't initially choose, it's just a matter of when can I afford it seeing as I'm a po' college boy. Thanks for the help!

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea i mean the big thing pullin me to the stereo is low cost and the extreme functionality of it since my old deck is 4 years old and i've been wanting a direct connection for my ipod for a long time. but the suspension would make the car soooo much more fun to drive...and the save it for the rainy day...thats just no fun at all right now lol

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's no fun right now but it's a lot of fun later on.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rainy Day ftw.... You'll thank yourself later....

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$200 for fun money?

I've had bar tabs bigger than that. :lol:

Start paying yourself first. Take 10% of everything you earn and save it. No matter what. Make it a bill you have to pay.
When you get enough money saved, put that money to work earning more money. (CD, investment...etc...)

That way you can save and have your Alpine.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I realize $200 isnt much, but its just the money i decide i want to do something with since all my other paychecks from my real job are going into savings so i dont have to work during the school year...

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
200 bucks isnt much so I recommend save it

by your mom something nice

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i voted rainy day...when it rains go buy the first thing you find.. :lol: