RAM Intake VS Cold Air Intake

atlcj0010

5+ Year Member
I would like to know which one is better.. What are some of the differences.. Which one should I buy.. I have a 2003 Honda Civic DX.. Just curious which one would benefit me more.. Thanks

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
atlcj0010 said:
I would like to know which one is better.. What are some of the differences.. Which one should I buy.. I have a 2003 Honda Civic DX.. Just curious which one would benefit me more.. Thanks
neither one if you're stock ;)

You could also search the site because there's a few threads on this topic :D

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Neither is better than the other. They'll generally make around the same power. Go for the cheapest one you can find and buy it. I suggest ebay.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Neither is better than the other. They'll generally make around the same power. Go for the cheapest one you can find and buy it. I suggest ebay.
amen brotha ;)

atlcj0010

5+ Year Member
alright cool.. thanks guys.. i got cold air intake.. i am going to install friday afternoon.. cant wait to see if it help my performace ne.. alright ill let you all know how it goes..

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
atlcj0010 said:
alright cool.. thanks guys.. i got cold air intake.. i am going to install friday afternoon.. cant wait to see if it help my performace ne.. alright ill let you all know how it goes..
it will gain you power on the ear dyno thats for sure (meaning its louder and it sounds faster so you drive it faster) lol, it will gain some but nothing major ;) pics??

cosmonut

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't buy aluminum or metal cold air intakes. Drive for 15 min with one and then feal it. It's going to be extreamly hot and you won't benifit from it at all. Plastic,carbon fiber for the win. No reason in sucking cold if the pipe is going to just reheat it on the way to the intake.