Random body work (56k warning)

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anyone have any suggestions or tips on how i can fix the following?

rest of the body is in really good shape, just a few minor dings and scratched, and that f**king keymark

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Anyone have any suggestions or tips on how i can fix the following?

rest of the body is in really good shape, just a few minor dings and scratched, and that f**king keymark
1st pic - use some bondo, fill the crack / hole. Sand it even and then paint over it. I patched a whole in my lip about 3" wide and 1" tall with bondo.

2nd pic - same as first

3rd pic - a damn good wax job. OR if your brave enough, wet sand it and re-paint if necessary.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wax job didn't work. I've tried so many f**kign times. Got the special wax and that lipstick look alike stuff to try to fill it in. Just a f**king pain in the ass. f**king key mark goes all the way down from front quarter panel and stops right before the tail lights.

Hvae to try that bondo stuff for sure...hopefully i can get it to turn out alright

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont use bondo on plastic.
there is a plastic repair kit you can get from wal mart and it will do the job and still be flixible. you might even want to mold it back together with a lighter or a torch before you fix the crack.
the second one, you can bondo, but make sure to sand the s**t out of it first.
you can wet sand the third one, or take it to get the whole car detailed, you would be real suprised what a good detail shop can do on a key mark
chris

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
holy s**t dude ur paint is hell :shock:.

i had a key mark like that. started at the beginning of my driver side door and went all the way to the gas cap. waxing didnt work cuz it went all the way down to the metal. then i got into an accident which was the other persons fault and they just so happen to replace everything to get rid of the key mark :lol:.

but if waxin dont work, wouldnt bondo be the option as shorty mentioned like the other 2 problems?

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually the paint and body are in really good sshape. The only bad spot is by the front fender, and the keymark of course. it's just really dirty right now, so looks like s**t and that flaky spot...fuuuuuuuuuuuuck looks terrible, but ti's not noticable unless you're up close

i was out crusin' on some dirt roads last night in the wee hours of the morning, so she's a f**king mess

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just waxing is not going to do anything.
you have to buff on that s**t...
bring it to co, ill do it for ya..
chris

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm a Canuck

East Coast...Moncton, New Brunswick

so what you're saying is drive straight through 4 sets of lights, turn right, hit the next left and it's just up the road? :P

I do appreciate the offer though

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope that's a stock bumber. I cut out the inside of it and had that mesh s**t in there. Friend of mine backed into me, cracked the bumper and the type R grill that I had. Took the top type R off put stock back, and took the bottom mesh grill s**t off, cause it started to tear from where the bumper cracked.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, ya.
i was just playing.
i was just going to see exactly how far it was and how long it would take just for kicks..
im too stupid to figure out mapquest though..

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tip 1: Get some shorts that reach your knees.

Tip 2: File that chip down , file it, prime it, and paint it.

Tip 3: get a plastic repair kit at a variety store (ie target, walmart, kmart). take the lip off, weld the crack together from behind, and use the plastic kit filler to repair the front.

Tip 4: get the car detailed to get out the scratch. if it is deep, your not gonna be able to buff it out and need to get it painted.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
richocet1 said:
Tip 1: Get some shorts that reach your knees.

Tip 2: File that chip down , file it, prime it, and paint it.

Tip 3: get a plastic repair kit at a variety store (ie target, walmart, kmart). take the lip off, weld the crack together from behind, and use the plastic kit filler to repair the front.

Tip 4: get the car detailed to get out the scratch. if it is deep, your not gonna be able to buff it out and need to get it painted.

You don't like my sexy legs??? Actually jus so you know those are basketball shorts that come down way below my knees, just the way i was crouched to take the pic...

I've got some stuff on the way now, my cousin, just rebuilt an 81 Tansam, it's in immaculate condition, and he's getting me some stuff to redo it, which i'll prolly do next weekend since it's raining now. I'll be sure to post lost of pics

Paint job is coming too, prolly some sort of black and pearl colour i'm thinking...