Rattling?

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everytime I drive and my rpm gauge goes past 3k there is a rattle, and it usually does it the first and second and even sometimes third gear. I thought that it was a heat shield, but I removed all of them. I can honestly say I have no idea where it is coming from. I came to the conclusion, that it is between the cat and the bottem of the engine itself, at least somewheres between there something is rattling.

Any idea or anything of what the heck it is?

It's a 96 Sedan.

jdmferio

5+ Year Member
a check ur exhaust piping it mught b loose

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gremlins?

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it inside your head? What about the shift linkage?

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mine does that exact same thing, but I've a aftermarket cat and header. didn't start doing it till I put the cat. on. I asked my honda mech. and he couldn't find it either, said that it just happens when you slap some aftermarket parts. :what:

if you figure it out, let me know.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had this happen to me after I put my exhaust on. I sounded like it was my heat shield when I was in the car, but I later found out that it was my muffler being too close to the back bumper and thats what was making it rattle.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, Hondas have this wierd problem where they can transplant a rattle far from where it's actually coming from. I had a rattle that sounded like it was near my shift linkage and my catalytic converter, and it ended up being a screw in my dash. :what:

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got that smae problem averytiem i go 60mph in 5th it rattles, i need to put in on jack stands and have a trusted friend rev it to 3500K and see where its' comgin from , then i can let you know.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check your fenders mine did the same thing and the bolt closest to the drivers side a piller was loose so check those thats all i can tell you