Rear Lower Control Arm bolts is broken at the tip.

Hmglife97

Rear lower control arm bolts one on the middle has been broken at the tip and cannot come out. What should i do.

Last edited:

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Pictures would help a ton. So the bolt that goes thru the bottom of your shock broke? and it's only the head that broke off correct?

Hmglife97

Pictures would help a ton. So the bolt that goes thru the bottom of your shock broke? and it's only the head that broke off correct?
Yes thats correct the bolt that holds the shock.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Ok well I'm sure there are other good options, but the one that I tend to recommend is changing the lower control arm along with the shock (assuming you are not re using the shock itself). If you want the shock itself also well I'm sure someone here knows of a different way to fix this.

Hmglife97

Ok well I'm sure there are other good options, but the one that I tend to recommend is changing the lower control arm along with the shock (assuming you are not re using the shock itself). If you want the shock itself also well I'm sure someone here knows of a different way to fix this.
Yeah thanks for the help and i think i will drill out the broken one. I'll have to find a new bolt and i am changing the old arm into a aftermarket one.