Rear trans mount removal

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by civiced, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. civiced

civiced New Member

Can't even get to the rear bolt on the rear trans mount, from any direction, in my shaky old
    stock '89 civic. Read a thread about using a offset "gearwrench" ( I'm assuming a ratchet
    wrench). Sounds possible, but I'll have to go buy one. Anyone tried this, or any other ideas?

2. CivicxTree754

CivicxTree754 New Member Registered VIP

Got a picture...? I believe I got to mines with an extension and deep well socket. I think its the 17
    mm bolt or something to that effect?

3. civiced

civiced New Member

Really nothing to take a picture of. The rear of the mount is completely hidden. Even with a swivel
    I can't get a socket in there, there's hoses and cables right above it. But thanks for your response.

4. CivicxTree754

CivicxTree754 New Member Registered VIP

If its like my current d series then once you remove intake, and heater hoses etc you ahould be able to reach it.

5. civiced

civiced New Member

I guess I"ll go and buy a swivel ratchet wrench and give that a try, beat on it with a dead blow. Looks
    like about the only thing that will fit in there. BTW I gots to pull the trans, saw a post about wedging a ratchet
    handle between the spindle and the LCA, letting the jack under the LCA down, kicking the caliper, and breaking
    the ball joint loose. No pickle forked boot, no ball joint removal tooled stud! Pretty sweet if it works.
    I'll post later with results.