Recent news about Joe *Please Read*

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
We were hoping we didn’t have to address this, but the staff had a feeling that Joe not being a member of the site anymore would raise a lot of questions. A couple months back, Justin started a program for the staff that would earn us a couple bucks for sales we “referred” to him. The way it works is the person making the purchase puts in the appropriate referral code at the time of purchase, and that staff member would automatically receive the balance of their credits at the end of every month. It’s not much, it was simply an opportunity for the staff to help Justin get a couple more sales, all while earning a couple bucks for ourselves. Win-win.

As many of you know, Justin has a business of his own to run, this site isn't his only responsibility. Anthony used to be his second in command, taking on a lot of responsibilities behind the scenes. When Anthony left the staff, Justin delegated a good portion of those responsibilities to Joe. One of those responsibilities was to set the distributions for this referral program. I’m working with Justin to try and figure out the exact details, but Joe was using this as a method to pocket money from both the other staff members referrals, and from Justin’s sales.

Justin has been very busy with his business. He may make his own statement about this, but for the most part I'm going to be the "middle man" between the members and Justin. If you guys have any questions or concerns, please feel free to shoot me a PM. If I can't answer or resolve, I'll pass it onto Justin.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well that's unfortunate.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, wouldn't have seen that one coming. Hopefully it's possible to recover the funds.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmmmm....... something stinks...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow, wouldn't have seen that one coming. Hopefully it's possible to recover the funds.
I don't really know how much was lost. From what Justin is telling me though, it was enough to notice but not enough to be worth the hassle of going through the legal process of recovering funds.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What's Joey's side of this story?
I'm not entirely sure if he even wanted this much information released, for obvious reasons. We honestly didn't want to either. But...it's not our call to make. In the end, we decided that the site should know what happened because Joe was VERY involved in the site for a VERY long time. It's going to be hard to answer a lot of these questions, because Justin and I are still trying to figure out more specific details. What you guys know, is essentially what we know.

RonJ

Banned
I'm not entirely sure if he even wanted this much information released, for obvious reasons. We honestly didn't want to either. But...it's not our call to make. In the end, we decided that the site should know what happened because Joe was VERY involved in the site for a VERY long time. It's going to be hard to answer a lot of these questions, because Justin and I are still trying to figure out more specific details. What you guys know, is essentially what we know.
Does Joey admit to the crime for which he is accused or does he deny it?

Anyone know?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow... thats pretty crazy.
any possibility he didnt know what he was doing, just made a mistake perhaps?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Does Joey admit to the crime for which he is accused or does he deny it?

Anyone know?
I honestly can't say for sure. I know that Justin tried discussing the issue with Joe, but Justin didn't really discuss any of those details with me. I will ask him though, and see what he says. Honestly it's a pretty sensitive issue, and I don't think either of them wants to give up THAT much information. I'll see what Justin knows, and what he's comfortable with sharing publicly. I do know that Justin is relatively certain of the facts, I'm comfortable saying that he's not acting merely on suspicion.
wow... thats pretty crazy.
any possibility he didnt know what he was doing, just made a mistake perhaps?
I don't think that's possible. The way I understand the distributions, it's pretty similar to direct deposit from your employer. If the referral code was entered during a purchase, certain percentages were set to be distributed to certain areas. It's pretty straight forward. Justin found out a couple days ago that the distributions weren't set properly, so he looked deeper. This is, unfortunately, what he found.

RonJ

Banned
I'd really like to hear from Justin on this shocking and surprising accusation about Joey. My guess would be that other members feel the same.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why is this thread sticky'd anyways. ban is ban.

/vote for removal of sticky. the thread is enough. if that was even needed.

on the matter of the ban i don't care at all. i don't think whatever happened needs to be discussed to the public. Business can be private.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'd really like to hear from Justin on this shocking and surprising accusation about Joey. My guess would be that other members feel the same.
I'll let Justin know.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joe is a good guy, I'd like to know more behind this situation. Definitely one of the CC OG's that have always kept it real for the rest of us.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll let Justin know.
Why are you his secretary? Yes I know Justin is extremely busy, but maybe this site would be more active if he himself posted and saw this thread, and honestly your 'answers' aren't giving us any info at all.

Now granted we aren't 'entitled' to this information, but Joe was a decent guy and helped many, so that's why many of us find this sketchy.

Personally I find it quite rude of you to make a thread about this situation, Joe can't say anything himself, and Justin hasn't even spoke up. You could have simply answered Ron's thread by saying 'Justin will reply in a timely and appropriate manner' and locked it. Or hell, even JUSTIN could have said that, and then gotten back to us.

All this thread is doing is creating potential drama and proving that you're still a Yes Man.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All this thread is doing is creating potential drama and proving that you're still a Yes Man.
I agree, this should have been a private business matter, no one else would be the wiser if this thread would have not been created in the first place.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why are you his secretary? Yes I know Justin is extremely busy, but maybe this site would be more active if he himself posted and saw this thread, and honestly your 'answers' aren't giving us any info at all.

Now granted we aren't 'entitled' to this information, but Joe was a decent guy and helped many, so that's why many of us find this sketchy.

Personally I find it quite rude of you to make a thread about this situation, Joe can't say anything himself, and Justin hasn't even spoke up. You could have simply answered Ron's thread by saying 'Justin will reply in a timely and appropriate manner' and locked it. Or hell, even JUSTIN could have said that, and then gotten back to us.

I agree, this should have been a private business matter, no one else would be the wiser if this thread would have not been created in the first place.
I highly doubt that the site, and this threads credibility would be any different with the participation of one person. That's honestly just naive. Justin owns the site, if he had the time to do everything needed on the site himself, he would. But he doesn't, which everyone on the staff completely understands. Show me a forum that has just the owner as the only staff member, and is an active site, and I'll show you someone with no life. Justin doesn't have time to be as active on the site as some other mods. Get over

I'm not going to discuss the mechanics of the staff, or why this thread was created, or why I'm the one making the announcement. Ron asked, as well as other members, and we answered. If you have questions about the issue at hand, please feel free to ask.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Justin has his job outside here that keeps him pretty busy. He counts on the staff to do our best to take care of as much as we can for him. He doesn't have the kind of time the rest of us moderators have to answer questions or take care of things.

Joe definitely was a good guy. I just never saw this coming... Hopefully Justin has more to add soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.