Recommended exhaust for 88 sedan.

Thomas Hudson

Hello, I need help on finding a new exhaust for my civic I drive a 88 civic sedan, I need a affordable Quite exhaust systems, mine is trashed, any ideas????

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Are you looking for stock, something cheap and you don't care how it sounds, something that you don't care how it sounds as long as it works?

Without this information, really I can only point you to Google to search "88 civic exhaust" and choose whatever is cheapest.

Thomas Hudson

no I do not want stock I def care about how it sounds, I want a nice system that is not to loud, my car is slammed and everyone tries to race me when I have no hp so I do not want it too loud, and when I mean cheap im looking in the 150 to 200 range in price

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*Thread title changed to reflect the question*

For the future, please make the titles of your thread to reflect the question you are asking. It will help get some answers as most people just move on by "need help" type of titles.

I would recommend getting on youtube and searching for your car/engine with different exhaust videos and pick one that you like. Exhaust is subjective to each person. What you like might not be what someone else likes.

Keep in mind that the people "trying to race" will only get worse when you put exhaust on it. Been there. Just ignore them and let them move on to the next one.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For that price you'll be able to find a performance muffler, not a full exhaust though. You'll need more than that if you want a full exhaust system.

Keep in mind that replacing the muffler will only change the sound, you won't get any performance increase from it.

Since you're really just looking for sound, it's going to be user preference. Something that sounds good for me may sound horrendous to you.

I'd recommend hitting up YouTube and search for different mufflers. Two manufacturers that come to mind are Borla and Magnaflow which may be in your range.

EDIT: Damn you, Cary! :lol:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Thomas Hudson

so my plan is to find a nice cat back exhaust system for around 200 bucks, does anyone have any ideas of where to get one

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This forum is based of a tuner store called tunersports. There is a link at the top that says "civic parts store". Click on that and pick your favorite brand.

teeitup

so my plan is to find a nice cat back exhaust system for around 200 bucks, does anyone have any ideas of where to get one
Realize this is an old thread but wondered if you found an exhaust system. I'm currently looking for something similar for my 91 EX Sedan. Lots of stuff out there for hatchbacks but the sedan is less common and even harder to find for the EX which originally had dual exhaust tips coming off the muffler. I've found Bosal and Walker make some aftermarket systems for the Civic.