Redlining issue

JavyEj1

So...my car redlines at 7000 rpm of course but it wont let me go pass 6000 rpm. I was told that maybe I wasnt mashing it properly which is impossible cuz there is only one way to mash it properly. Ive been looking and reading to see what could cause this but I cant seem to find anything. Help??

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Sounds like you might have a rev limiter

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What engine do you have, Was it tuned to rev there, And what ecu do you have?

JavyEj1

Ok. It's originally a d15 but the guy I bought it from put a d16z6. It drives perfectly and it goes to 6000 rpm and shifts smoothly without any kind of hesitation or problem. Everything is stock as far as I know. I don't know anything else from here. This is my first Honda so I'm new to this. I'm originally a 4g63t person so I need help

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Ok. It's originally a d15 but the guy I bought it from put a d16z6. It drives perfectly and it goes to 6000 rpm and shifts smoothly without any kind of hesitation or problem. Everything is stock as far as I know. I don't know anything else from here. This is my first Honda so I'm new to this. I'm originally a 4g63t person so I need help
Does it redline how it should at 6K?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.877312,-99.509389

JavyEj1

Yes it's very much stock. Cam gear as well and I still have my 4g. No way I'm letting that go lol. I've tried contacting the guy for 3 months now and no response from him at all

95eggsr

quad box
at 6000rpm does it sound like its hitting the rev limiter?

i can almost gauruntee these two things

-check ecu, make sure its a ecu that has a rev limit past 6k
-inacurate gauge cluster, ive owned two hondas were the tach didnt read correctly