Reference: Horsepower And Torque Explained

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:agreed:

I've never installed a turbo set-up, but even I know that tuning is the first thing needed after the install. You just significantly altered the engines function even if you don't run it hard. How do you expect for the ECU to understand the change and map fuel delivery accordingly?

exit341.autoresc

I have an issue she has a d16y7 all stock with the exception of arp head studs and a gsr ecu..but,I live on an island where we have hills she won't climb,it's like you shut off the gas..please help

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi I'm new to this please help..I have a 97 Honda civic I recently added a Turbo to my stock d16y7... now she won't climb hills..and I live on a island that's mainly hills..any ideas?

Right now it's all stock..even the ecu..

I have an issue she has a d16y7 all stock with the exception of arp head studs and a gsr ecu..but,I live on an island where we have hills she won't climb,it's like you shut off the gas..please help

Soooooo which is it? Stock ECU? GSR ECU? Turbo or no turbo??

Please create a new troubleshooting thread. Click here to create thread in 6th gen section

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was told my map sensor was tripping out on boost..and cutting fuel

Please create a new thread in the 6th gen section on this forum. I just realized you're on Tapatalk, so you'll have to navigate there as I don't believe the link I posted will help you.

Thanks