Reference: LS/CRVTEC info

importlegions

1 god, 1 life,1 choice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i wish i had that money, im goin to local junkyards tomorow. could i put a b16 crank in a b20>

yoman793

boost fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
importlegions said:
well i wish i had that money, im goin to local junkyards tomorow. could i put a b16 crank in a b20>
depends.... whats the displacement on the b20?

h22a4civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no you can not put a b16 crank in a b20 because the stroke is longer in the b20 and the b16 crank has a short stroke, he do hit me up on aim-IMMAWINER OR YAHOO- chris-krumholt, and ill set you strait

h22a4civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i also have a 99 si b16 for sale for 1300 complete swap shipped, this is a b16 out of a 99si 170 hp not the old jdm

yoman793

boost fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes. you are correct. b16a2, from jdm sir's and del sols, are running the 168 horses

ACE4DOOR

Banned
iamgod said:
here is a dyno chart of an LSVTEC using a B16a head plotted against a LSVTEC w/ a B18C(1) head

"Subject: LS/VTEC with GSR head VS B16A head similar mods.

This is a VERY good comparison to look at...

Question: What is the best head to put on my LS/VTEC, GS-R or B16A?

Answer: In the opinion of Atomic and myself, I have to go with a GS-R head.

Look at the graph...here is the 2 motors..

On 1 side we have the LS/VTEC B16A head...coming in at 180 HP...
The bottom end is EXACTLY the same as the GS-R LS/VTEC...exactly...
so it makes for a good comparison.

B16A has:
port flow port/polish (mild)
Civic Type-R intake cam
ITR exhaust cam
Comp valve springs/retainers
Type-R intake manifold

GS-R head has:
Stock head
Stock valvetrain
Stock intake manifold
ITR cams, intake and exhaust.
and it made a little more power, as you can see by chart.
With the GS-R head, you also will definitely get more torque.

For the money though, B16A head is a good choice.
Remember, this is not a perfect test, it just shows a pattern....

Jeff"

go here for more comparison info

http://www.importreview.com/performance.html
I definatly want to start with the b20 platform. What do you think would be the cheapest and most reliable, b20vtec or b20 turbo, also I figured since the CRV block has such a bad rod stroke ratio, but crazy torque, would it be worth it to keep a b20vtec at the stock LS rev limit or perhaps 7500rpm, and stil run hard.

ACE4DOOR said:
I definatly want to start with the b20 platform. What do you think would be the cheapest and most reliable, b20vtec or b20 turbo, also I figured since the CRV block has such a bad rod stroke ratio, but crazy torque, would it be worth it to keep a b20vtec at the stock LS rev limit or perhaps 7500rpm, and stil run hard.

well thats really up to you, you are talking 2 different routes here, N/A and FI

Didzis

B20B16A2 :)
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait a second, I didn't get the point - b20z block + b16a2 head + high compression wiseco pistons 84.5mm will rev at? 6500? Or im not getting something... Please explain anyone to dummy =)

Didzis said:
Wait a second, I didn't get the point - b20z block + b16a2 head + high compression wiseco pistons 84.5mm will rev at? 6500? Or im not getting something... Please explain anyone to dummy =)

if you have the block girdle (and fortified internals and valvetrain) then you can rev it as high as you make power.......your ECU is what cuts off the fuel, then you have moving parts that will limit you

peteypablo707

petey
5+ Year Member
that was all i needed to see how much power it has. The only reason is because in my city there is this guy taking everybody out. He has an EG (the 92-95 civic hatch) with that LS/VTEC setup, i heard is fully built all motor and its runing 13.4 with semi-slicks and that is freaking quick.