Reference: Multipoint Harness Safety(please read if you have aftermarket belts)

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
ummm

3.3.2 Roll Bars

Roll bars or roll cages are strongly recommended in all cars. A roll bar meeting the requirements of Appendix C, or a roll cage meeting the requirements of Section 18 of the General Competition Rules (GCR), is required in all A, B, C, and F Modified vehicles, and all open cars (see definition section) in Prepared Category and in D Modified and E Modified. The intent of this requirement is that all open cars using racing slicks must at a minimum have roll bars which meet Appendix C, regardless of Regional variations in category definitions and/or preparation allowances. For open cars in the Stock, Street Prepared, Street Touring, and Street Modified categories, the roll bar or roll cage height may be reduced from Appendix C or GCR Section 18 requirements to the highest possible height which fits within an installed factory specified hardtop or convertible top.

Its all in what class you run
i ran in the modified class all season cause i had a swap, suspension, r compond and never was asked to put in a cage.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doug piston said:
i ran in the modified class all season cause i had a swap, suspension, r compond and never was asked to put in a cage.

all depends on the venue...

at most drag strips they require a "firewall" or enclosed area between the passenger compartment and a nitrous tank.. also a blow down tube in the event that the rupture disk blows.. but ive been to at least two tracks that didnt look at that s**t at all.. just because the venue you participated in didnt get all strict about it... doesnt mean that its a "rule" or not... im NOT saying you are wrong.. just pointing out that some rules are not always enforced...

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc is it possible to have passengers in the back with the cage?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doug piston said:
was that SOLO1 SOLO2 or PROSOLO, that is out of the PROSOLO book I have sitting here

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
oc is it possible to have passengers in the back with the cage?

possible yes.. my wife has ridden back there many a times..

easy.. no not really with the cross bars in.. but they come out..

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your wife fits then my nephews shouldnt have a problem with the monkey bars in the car lol

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to be honest, this is a very good thread and I think it should be stickied so anyone with belts sees it...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Someone want to address the poster who posted photos of his car with the belts mounted right where the lift supports for the rear hatch connect inside the car? He said the directions said to attach them there.

I think it was a 6th gen hatch. I don't remember much more about it though. I'll post a link if I can find it.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you need help call them... ask for mark or ken.. they are BOTH really knowledgable....