Reference: VTEC Fully Detailed Explanation

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some of your info is incorrect.

Vtec was first used in the mid 80s on Honda's formula 1 engines. If you look at Honda's engine history, you will find that almost all of their technology was invented through their F1 program.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is good, what I'm giong to do is just merge your post with justin's "What is VTEC" sticky ;)

good info man :thumbs up

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How the hell my post merge wit this one, & where the hell is my thread,I spent alot of time typing that s**t up in word & I figured it would be cool to post it up & show my work, I don't appreciate what was done & I feel that it is unfair.:x If yall going to do s**t like this, maybe I shouldn't post my knowledge on Honda's.

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would still like to see the "pic on the right" It would help me alot more.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I study my Honda's, I'm an Auto Trainee trying to become ASE certifide, I'm still trying to learning & gathering info just like everyone else, but I'm trying to make a career out of it. not just on Honda's, But everything even Ford & GM. Asian import's are just my specialty from Honda to Mitsubithsi to even Hyundai & learn all I can possible bout everyone. Cars are my life, & has been since I can remember.

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so all that came of the top of your head? wow im impressed!!

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a question about all this...i dont understand how a pair of valves can have 3 lobes...are there any pics of this stuff?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 92 4DoorSleeper
How the hell my post merge wit this one, & where the hell is my thread,I spent alot of time typing that s**t up in word & I figured it would be cool to post it up & show my work, I don't appreciate what was done & I feel that it is unfair.:x If yall going to do s**t like this, maybe I shouldn't post my knowledge on Honda's.
you f**kin dipshit, i told you i was going to merge it because it was the same info that goes along with whats in this thread, we dont need TWO different stickies with VERY VERY Similar information, SO I MERGED THEM, i EVEN TOLD YOU THAT!

Originally posted by SeanJohn1802
This is good, what I'm giong to do is just merge your post with justin's "What is VTEC" sticky ;)

good info man :thumbs up
(scroll up to see the post date n s**t)

next time read instead of gettin all pissy
Originally posted by 92 4DoorSleeper
Well yah I could of, but I wanted my work on a seprate thread. Not to be an a*****e or anything plus half of it would be on one page & the rest on a sec & my info, with your would probable cause a lil confusion.
and if that was your problem, i could have made it so that your INFO came first just so that you could get all the credit... none of us REALLY care, its the information that we're after. . . it was just easier for me to merge your thread into justin's... but whatever

Superhonda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Heres some more news for you noobs and not so noobs . . . .
On a SOHC engine: Vtec engines have an average 11 more hp per liter of displacement
On a DOHC engine: Vtec engines have an average 14.5 more hp per liter of displacement

DOHC engines make an average 27 more hp per liter of displacement