Regular Si or Ex-converted?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello. Is it possible to convert a 2000 Ex into a 2000 Si? If so, is it worth it? If not, how expensive is it to repaint a car another OEM color?
Thanks

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It all depends on what you mean by "convert". If you are talking about a true conversion, taking every stock part that the SI has and putting it on the EX, that will likely be more expensive.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Exterior wise, there isn't much of a difference between the EX and Si. The most noticeable ones are the paint matched side skirts and different front upper grill. The Si had an optional front and rear lip. And of course the alloy wheels.

Interior I think is pretty much the same too. I'm pretty sure there were optional seats that are pretty now at this point. The shift knob, cluster, climate control and cluster amber lighting... Can't think of anything else. Rear seats maybe?

You can swap in the B16A2 into the EX. It's a direct swap.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ x2 The main differences are B16 engine, front lip/grill, painted skirts, gauge cluster and rear disc brakes.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ah forgot about the rear brakes.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool. Thanks guys. Im looking for a 2000 EBP EM1 but its difficult because most people already have modified them. I was thinking that an alternative would be to buy an EX and have it somewhat match the Si.

upnsmoke

Doesn't the Si have different front lower control arms from the Ex? I got this impression when looking for bushings.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The Si's suspension is also different....... independent double wishbone on the Si.....

upnsmoke

I think the basic design is the same. Our Ex is a short long arm front, don't know what to call the rear just yet. Si looks similar to me at a glance. Bushings, however, are not the same part for the front suspension. I bought a set of shock bushings for an Si because I could not find any for our Ex, and had to turn them on a lathe to fit them. Fortunately all were too big, too small and they would have been useless. Strange thing is I see shocks listed for an Si the others, Ex, Dx, and so on like they are all the same part. I think they went to Mac strut sometime after 2000, could be wrong about that though.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool. Thanks guys. Im looking for a 2000 EBP EM1 but its difficult because most people already have modified them. I was thinking that an alternative would be to buy an EX and have it somewhat match the Si.
You won't get EBP in an EX

95coupeEX

That paint job would run you $2000+ if done at a shop, depending on body work and everything needed. You would be better off finding a Si with little mods and focusing on the motor.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
suspension was tad different on si. i think .5" lower and slightly stiffer. sway bars.
I think the front brakes were the same, right?
front lip was standard though.
optional on EX.
rear lip was optional.
No rear lip option on EX.

Over all, i don't see it as worth it to change everything to stock si.
just buy the si if you can find one.

AsianCivicRider

Buy a stock si, even if you have to wait for one it'll be worth it. Then, remove the DOHC VTEC decals and front lip. After that swap out the cluster for an ex one that shows high mileage.

Buy some ex oem steelies with the hubcaps, sell the alloys and you got yourself sleeper madness.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Buy a stock si, even if you have to wait for one it'll be worth it. Then, remove the DOHC VTEC decals and front lip. After that swap out the cluster for an ex one that shows high mileage.

Buy some ex oem steelies with the hubcaps, sell the alloys and you got yourself sleeper madness.
Si undercover. I like the idea.

ceegeeaye

If you're trying to do the exterior get Stickers hahaha. DOHC vtec sticker is for SI i believe. (Don't flame me if i'm wrong) and the SI emblem.