Reliable JDM engine supplier

Castleman

Dear Readers:

I own a 2006 Civic Coupe, I was "screwed" on the purchase... An Arizona car with the oddometer rolled back app. 100k miles and the infamous cracked engine block. Carfax from now on, needless to say. Now I'm searching for a jdm engine (R18A and manual transmission). I have "cold feet" on purchasing one, because I found a forum posting from 2012 that says "There are only about 2 suppliers supplying actual JDM engines in the US, the rest are marketing high mileage engines pulled from US junkyards using the "guise" of JDM. What is the truth on engine suppliers, today? The engine replacement looks like a pain in the ass, I plan on putting it on an engine stand first to replace some accessory components, do valve clearance and timing chain replacement.

Thanks, C

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why are you set on getting a "JDM" engine?
Just get one from a reputable salvage yard, there are plenty out there.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get a good replacement motor from a salvage yard that pulls it themselves and usually will come with a warranty, you may want to research locally for something like this.

I'm guessing you've fallen for the JDM scam. The myth of low mileage and a better engine.
For Christ sake, the whole shtick is old....
Just because the motor is JDM, doesn't mean it's a myth, just source it from a reliable source, such as h motors.
Stop being a Debbie Downer whine ass.