Honda part numbers for the radio block off plates

Single DIN ('96-'98) block off plate is 77230-SM4-G00

Double DIN ('99-'00) block off plate is 77240-S0X-A00ZB

CSB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is what I did in my 98 HB.

A custom made "pocket" for my palm and cell to be fitted.

By the way, Amy you have pretty much all the answers.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CSB said:
By the way, Amy you have pretty much all the answers.
:lol: I hope that's a good thing.

I've just been so active for so long with Hondas that I've picked up a bit. I save nearly everything I find that I think might be helpful later. We also have the USDM EPC here so we can look up part numbers. =) We also have the EDM EPC but never managed to get the JDM one to work corrrectly.

dryeager

5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Honda part numbers for the radio block off plates

Single DIN ('96-'98) block off plate is 77230-SM4-G00

Double DIN ('99-'00) block off plate is 77240-S0X-A00ZB
Thanks again! Does anyone have these in stock?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dryeager said:
Thanks again! Does anyone have these in stock?
Yeah. Honda.

Also, that site I posted earlier has them for the '98 too.

http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year=1998&Doors=3&TrimLevel=3DR+CX&Emissions=KA&TransLevel=5MTKA&PartCatalogId=13S030&Section=G&Category=B++3710|INSTRUMENT+GARNISH

Scroll down on that page or search for the part number.

Code:
Part Number	Description		Price		You Save
77230-SM4-G00	PANEL ASSY., RADIO	$15.17		$3.56
dryeager said:
What model is your HB? I have a DX and our dashes are very different.
He has a '98. he lives in Peru though, so it's different. Just like my clock doesn't come in US cars stock.

311civicsi

5+ Year Member
Oc_civic...Is there a way you could recess the gauges, and put a block off plate over them to fool thevies?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
311civicsi said:
Oc_civic...Is there a way you could recess the gauges, and put a block off plate over them to fool thevies?
sure you could but it would be hard.. my gauges are somewhat recessed as is.. but to get them far enough back to put a plate over would be tough.. it would be hard because unlike mine where you just needed to fabricate a fitting panel.. you would need to recess it building almost a mini frame.. that would hold the gauges almost behind it.. then create a hinge and locking mechanism... sure you could do it.. but it would be a b***h.. you could more easily put gauges in the bottom din.. and just open the cup holder lid hiding the gauges..

311civicsi

5+ Year Member
Bummer, I was really just looking to put the headunit down there, and the gauges up top.
I also have another question. Does the Double din block off plate still clip in and work if you have the bottom little compartement in?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
311civicsi said:
Bummer, I was really just looking to put the headunit down there, and the gauges up top.
I also have another question. Does the Double din block off plate still clip in and work if you have the bottom little compartement in?

i believe the 99-00 is the full panel

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Additional gauges are nice, or you could do something like this....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As yes... the only reason I like the '99-'00 dash. ^^^

I've already decided on another dash that I like the look of better in case I ever want to do somethign like that though. I just really don't like those knobs. :???:

justinwebb

Banned
i am building a carputer for my 00 civic and a 7" screen fits nicely into the double din space.......just a reccomendation

mule

5+ Year Member
CSB said:

man that looks nice. i have my stock head unit in there, it looks alright and as soon as i wire it up ill have the clock, keyless entry and factory alarm up and running.

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
personally i think a block of plate looks nice. i think the gaues in there look nice also. my car has a block off plate and it cost me 5 bucks just cuz i work at honda :P

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i donno how well you can see it but i have the dule din block off, and amy your giving out wonderful information :thumbsup: