Relocated the radio...NOW WHAT?!

dryeager

5+ Year Member
I cant see the display on my radio during the day so I thought it would be better to move it by the cupholders. Although I think I lost the functionality of the cup holders, I like where it sits (thank God for remotes for your car radio). But what should I do now with that big open space?! Seems like a waste to just block it off. Is there some type of make-shift glove box I can put there?

Seruy

5+ Year Member
Make a carputer, buy a touchscreen lcd dispay install it into the old space and enjoy your new "aftermartket" system.

dryeager

5+ Year Member
That would eliminate the ipod for sure...Any links to similar systems people have built?

hollywood4689

5+ Year Member
well made a custom actual chopped carbon fiber cover plate i can tell you how i did it but you have to do it a couple of times to actually get it right but its pretty simple, wan t pics

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just have a block off plate:

works fine for me I dont have to spend $$$ on an LCD, etc.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
be creative.

i used some left over carpet from when i re did my interior so my dash could match the floor

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
put the stock stereo in there so it will be a dummy, for when system thiefs look in

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I still say the blockoff looks good. I get TONS of comliments on it too.

it pops back out easily if you decide you want to put something else there too. And if you chose to put something there that would otherwise be a bit too small for the hole, you can use the blockoff plate as a bezel to surround whatever you put in there. There are clips at the top and bottom of the plate to hold it in place.

dryeager

5+ Year Member
Thank you for the pictures. Where did you get the block-off plates from and how much did they run? I have a found a couple but they want around 30-37 dollars.

NOFX- Where can I find that clock?!

MugenShox

Banned
well im machining a lil piece out of alluminum for my VAFC and Vtec light... ill post some pics when its done...

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i never relocated my stereo, but it DID get stolen, leaving a nasty blank space in my old EM1....i did like the guy a few posts up, custom cut some actual carbon fiber, made a custom block off plate.....it was about the same size as nofx's block of plate....

i would get all kinds of compliments on it

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just put come gauges there..

the new C/F plate uninstalled..

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its alot easier to do the gauge setup with 96-98 climate control rather than the 99-00.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dryeager said:
Thank you for the pictures. Where did you get the block-off plates from and how much did they run? I have a found a couple but they want around 30-37 dollars.

NOFX- Where can I find that clock?!
The clock was sent to me by a friend of mine in Europe. He didn't want his so he sent it to me. =) Free of change. Sorry, I can't replicate that deal for anyone though. It was kind of a one time thing.

Those clocks came factory in many '96-'98 Civics in Europe though. Some light amber like mine, some greenish, and some white. Mine came from an EK3 hatch in case the color has anything to do with the trim.

The member Cole on this site sent me my blockoff plate when my car was stolen. I don't think it cost him more then $20. Call Honda though. I'm pretty sure they cost around $10 from Honda.

Oh, here's a link: http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year=2000&TrimLevel=3DR+CX&TransLevel=4ATKA&Section=G&Category=B++3710|INSTRUMENT+GARNISH&Doors=3&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogId=13S030&IRefNo=060&PartNoSelected=77240-S0X-A00ZB

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dryeager said:
You rule! I have been reading your damn detailing posts and makes me wanna WAX!
:lol: Thanks.

dryeager

5+ Year Member
The member Cole on this site sent me my blockoff plate when my car was stolen. I don't think it cost him more then $20. Call Honda though. I'm pretty sure they cost around $10 from Honda.

Oh, here's a link: http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse....77240-S0X-A00ZB
I dont think that is the right part. I wish I could find it for that cheap. Anyone else have suggestions? I cant even find a part number on the single-din plate.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dryeager said:
I dont think that is the right part. I wish I could find it for that cheap. Anyone else have suggestions? I cant even find a part number on the single-din plate.
Why don't you think that is the right part? Honda sells them. I think they came stock on some CXs.

I should be able ot get you the stock part number in a few minutes.

dryeager

5+ Year Member
That would be perfect if you could post the part number. Thanks!

It looks like 77240-S0X-A00ZB is the part number for the double din block off plate. When I follow that link, I cant click on the 15 to get the single din part number.