Remote start civic 99 ex

andrewak

Hi,
I own honda civic 99 ex sedan and i builded a remote start to my car but i run into problem: when the key inside the ignition switch not turned i was able to remote start my car but when i remove the key the car wan't start ( i hear the starter working but it's not starting) then i noticed this module that connected to the ignition switch(pic) after disconnecting it the car wont start even with the key.
My question is what is this module and how i bypass him? 30542

andrewak

Hi,
I own honda civic 99 ex sedan and i builded a remote start to my car but i run into problem: when the key inside the ignition switch not turned i was able to remote start my car but when i remove the key the car wan't start ( i hear the starter working but it's not starting) then i noticed this module that connected to the ignition switch(pic) after disconnecting it the car wont start even with the key.
My question is what is this module and how i bypass him?View attachment 30542
I found out it's immobilizer
How can i bypass it?

Drakon543

i don't know about the civics but alot of vehicles just used the key to jump the signal. either with a resistor built into the key or just contacts the key with connect.

SeanShine

5+ Year Member
Im surprised your car has an immobilizer. I thought all of the 96-00 civics came with regular metal keys, not chipped ones. Where are you located? USA?